Damn Chocolate...

Options
And, once again, TOM rolls around, and the chocolate - it calls my name!
I guess my question is:
I did really really well this week so far, and I have heard that us ladies burn more cal's during TOM anyways, so is it okay to indulge a little today?

Replies

• beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    JEEZ. Chocolate used to get me EVERY TIME. Still does on occasion. I say go for it! Just make sure it's a day, not all week - I've had that happen, as well :ohwell:
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Same problem different vice...

I want chips so bad!!!
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I recently bought vita tops after they were recommended by a friend. THey are delicious! and they satisfied my chocolate craving.
    They are full of vitamins too :)
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    try weightwatchers chocolate puddings only 186 calories and made with real milk chocolate. they taste amazing
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I crave sweet and salty... ANYTHING sweet and salty! Crunch 'n' munch kind of stuff! LOL
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I go for hershey kisses dark chocolate :love: . I only take a couple and eat them slowly, savoring every moment. They have 20 cal. per kiss.
  • Patecakers
    Options
    only thing about weight watchers food is you gotta watch the cholesterol!!!! I used WW food when I went to WW...and my cholesterol went HAYWIRE! use in moderation and watch the intake! :)
  • LMPRF97
    LMPRF97 Posts: 97
    Options
    Its called moderation use it!
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    if you craved an apple, to go walking or a nap you'd do it so why not
    just do something to help balance...like walk to the store to get your treat....

chocolate cake is my fav, naughty....or truffles....and i am able to ward off big crashes generally with skinny cow fudge bars
    weight watchers also make a really yummy fudgey bar as well
  • lockedonna
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie packs of brownie bites or chocolate covered pretzels or fudge dipped cookies. It does satisfy my chocolate craving and I'm only wasting 100 calories!
  • Lovemydounts
    Lovemydounts Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    omg the first day im crave snickers so bad but i pull thur it.some people say cut it up and have one peice daily, im like ya right lmao.it would be gone im minutes.
  • Amarylis13
    Amarylis13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I go for hershey kisses dark chocolate :love: . I only take a couple and eat them slowly, savoring every moment. They have 20 cal. per kiss.

yes! they are the perfect fix for my chocolate craving... and the antioxidants!
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    Just discovered something called Sweet Riot in our natural foods store -- little tiny chocolate pieces (like little chocolate coated crumbs really) in a tin. They are 1-2 calories per piece. So you can have a small handful of 10 or so on the go and it takes care of my chocolate fix in a reasonable way.

Someone on MFP shared this with me.....
  • jsavy
    jsavy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh you have to try SKINNY COW low fat truffles or fudge bars, they are delious and only a 100 calories, worth it!
  • claire_b79
    claire_b79 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I let myself eat 2 chocolate covered jujubes a day....I can't give up my chocolate lol. I wont' eat the jujubes if I am going to go over my calories though.
  • canucklynn
    canucklynn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ...AND dark chocolate has magnesium which helps with PMS symptoms, so by all means, have a couple little kisses and walk an extra mile the next day. As for burning more calories during TOM, never heard that...
  • spoiledwifenikki
    Options
    chocolate is my biggest downfall ecspecially when tom comes
  • spoiledwifenikki
    Options
    :smile:
  • jstalittlecrzy
    jstalittlecrzy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I got over my chocolate cravings drinking chocolate milk,
    low fat or no fat type, sipping slowly and enjoying the chocolate flavor.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Look at my ticker.... I have chocolate EVERY SINGLE DAY. :) I spent upwards of 200 calories a day on chocolate/sweets of some kind. If I have an extra 210 calories and 13 grams of fat lying around (haha), then you better bet I'll be spending it on a Hershey's chocolate bar. (And, yes, I have a supply of them ready.) Lately, I've been hooked on Skinny Cow Carmel Cone ice-cream cups and Smart Ones Cookie Dough Sundaes -- both 170 calories and 3 grams of fat. If I have enough calories, I spend it on smores poptarts (my FAVORITE 400 calories in the world, lol).... And, if I somehow end up with less than a hundred to indulge on, I have a 60-cal pudding snack. So, enjoy your chocolate! I WISH I only had chocolate cravings during my TOM; it would make a lot more sense because 121 pounds ago, I absolutely hated sweets. Sigh...