Iphone's or Ipods at the gym?

Options
How do you hold on to them? I saw this armband you can get. Anyone have on?

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Armband-Apple-iPhone-Black/dp/B003RFG87E/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Replies

• HeartsTurtle
    Options
    I actually bought some yoga type pants at Walmart (I think they were $7!) and they conveniently have a little side pocket that fits my ipod perfectly! I've tried the arm bands and found them annoying because they either slipped down my arm when I started to sweat, or they were so tight that it bothered me.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    i have that one and i LOVE it!

ETA: I have a wireless bluetooth headset so I don't have to worry about the earbud cord. love those too!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    yep, I had a belkin. works pretty well. but i wasn't a big fan of the case it was in - but it's durable.

I bought one from apple, and it was great, but the arm band was ruined within a year.

currently, just keeping in my pocket, but i do need to buy a new arm band. it's the way to go for sure.
  • scottclm
    scottclm Posts: 6
    Options
    if i have a pocket i keep it in that and run the cord down the inside of my shirt so it doesnt get in the way. yes they do have armbands for those. i would search online or at walmart, target, any sports store, etc. also, i have a pair of underwear that has a little pocket for my ipod. so if i'm wearing something that does not have pockets i can put it in that. i love it! i think the underwear brand is called "play".
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I keep my iphone sitting on the elliptical / arc trainer (theres a little thing on the display that fits them on it)- that way I can use my Couch to 5k app on the elliptical and have interval timers for other things.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I keep my iphone sitting on the elliptical / arc trainer (theres a little thing on the display that fits them on it)- that way I can use my Couch to 5k app on the elliptical and have interval timers for other things.

That doesn't help me when I am lifting weights or doing the weight machines. Otherwise, that is what I have been doing. Then I have to take it off to go do other equipment/exercises.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    The problem I've had with all armbands that I've had for my iPhone is that there is nothing between the fabric and the phone. When my arms gets sweat the fabric soaks it up and when I take my phone out it's all wet. I've heard that OtterBox has an armband that works well but I haven't tried it out yet.
  • kbray003
    kbray003 Posts: 52
    Options
    I have a smart phona and an iPod but I am so nervous about leaving it somewhere or it getting broken so I bought a shuffle. They are cheaper (though still kinda expensive) but I like that it clips on, and if something happens to it Im out $50 instead of hundreds.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I prop it up on the stand when there is one available - like where someone would put a magazine.

Otherwise I tuck it in between the layers of my sportsbra (I wear two), up high on my shoulder. Super classy.