Low calorie alcoholic drinks?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Hey guys. Going to red lobster on Sunday for dinner and drinks with friends. What should I order that's low cal as far as alcoholic drinks? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke and Vodka is only 69 calories. It's called a Skinny B*tch, because that's what they drink! LOL!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    wine. light or low cal beer. vodka on rocks (or with club soda).
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda with a squeeze of lime.
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    Diet Coke and Vodka is only 69 calories. It's called a Skinny B*tch, because that's what they drink! LOL!

LOL!!
  • Lisa1971
    Options

I've never heard of this concoction but I'm definitely going to try it. THanks so much!!!!!!
  • Kassondrab
    Options
    i always drink captain and diet coke, only 51 calories if its an even shot
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

LOL!!

I've had it (with vanilla flavoured vodka) and it's actually pretty good...oddly enough.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    found this....

* Pina Colada (6 oz): 378 calories
    * Mojito (8 oz): 214 calories
    * Cosmopolitan (4 oz): 200 calories
    * Chocolate martini: (2 oz each vodka, chocolate liqueur, cream, 1/2 oz creme de cacao, chocolate syrup): 438
    * Margarita (8 oz): 280
    * Green apple martini (1 oz each vodka, sour apple, apple juice): 148
    * Martini (2.5 oz): 160
    * Port wine (3 oz):128
    * Bloody Mary (5 oz): 118
    * Red wine (5 oz):120
    * White wine (5 oz): 120
    * Alcohol-free wine (5 oz): 20-30
    * Beer (12 oz): 150-198
    * Light beer (12 oz): 95-136
    * Ultra-light beer (12 oz): 64-95
    * Champagne (5oz): 106-120
    * Coffee liqueur (3 ounces): 348
    * Godiva chocolate liqueur (3 oz): 310
    * Wine spritzer (5 oz): 100
    * Eggnog with rum (8 ounces): 370
    * Hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps (8 oz): 380
    * Hot buttered rum (8 oz): 292
    * Spiced cider with rum ( 8 oz):150
    * Mulled wine (5 oz): 200
    * Vodka and tonic (8 oz): 200
    * Screwdriver (8 oz): 190
    * Mimosa (4 oz): 75
    * Gin and tonic (7 oz): 200
    * Long Island iced tea (8 oz): 780
    * White Russian (2 oz vodka, 1.5 oz coffee liqueur, 1.5 oz cream): 425
    * Mai Tai (6 oz) (1.5 oz rum, 1/2 oz cream de along, 1/2 oz triple sec, sour mix, pineapple juice): 350
    * Rum and Coke (8 oz): 185
    * Rum and Diet Coke (8 oz): 100
    * Mike's Hard Lemonade (11 oz): 98
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Low Calorie Alcoholic Drinks

Drinks Amount Calories
    Red Wine 1 glass (5 oz) 105 calories
    Wine White Dry 1 glass (5 oz) 97 calories
    Wine White Medium 1 glass (5 oz) 105 calories
    Wine White Sweet 1 glass (5 oz) 135 calories
    Wine White Sparkling 1 glass (5 oz) 110 calories
    Champagne 1 glass (5 oz) 70 calories
    Screwdriver 1 glass (5 oz) 180 calories
    Margarita 1 glass (5 oz) 157 calories
    Whisky Sour 1 glass (5 oz) 125 calories
    Bacardi 1 glass (5 oz) 118 calories
    Vodka (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 65 calories
    Rum (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 66 calories
    Tequila (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 65 calories
    Brandy (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 64 calories
    Scotch (neat) 1 shot (1 oz) 64 calories
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options

HAHA!! I've never heard it called this but I love it! I usually order it with vanilla vodka though, YUM! also, Cherry vodka with surgar free red bull is soooo good and about same calories too.
  • Ericho
    Ericho Posts: 2
    Options
    wow...aren't you resourceful. I'm glad I saw this post when I did with St. Patty's day comin up. Thank you for being you!!
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

LOL!!

I've had it (with vanilla flavoured vodka) and it's actually pretty good...oddly enough.

I too, have tried it with vanilla vodka. It was good but definitely not my first choice in beverage. I'm more of a beer/margarita kinda gal. lol
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Thanks so much Halphord! I almost fell over when I saw the calorie content for a long island ice tea. That is now my favorite (former) drink. I hate to give it up:sad: but it's just not worth it. Thanks again!
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Most alcohol has roughly the same calorie content by volume, because the calorie content comes from the alcohol content, which your body basically breaks down as sugar. Vodka is the lowest by a few calories (about 64 per ounce depending on the brand and flavour), but most other hard liquors are about the same (whiskies and rums are in the 70s, gins are in the high 60s). Watch out for sugary mixers (soda, juices -- which are always full of corn syrup at bars/restaurants, etc) or drinks with liquers or syrups (puckers, flavoured "martinis", anything with grenadine). Wine is generally better for you than hard alcohol or beer, and each glass has between 100-150 calories. I don't drink beer, but my dieting friends who do say that the carbonation can make you feel full and you'll end up drinking or eating less because of that.

Every dieting drunk's trick: have a glass of water between each drink to pace yourself -- it will give the booze time to "kick in" between cocktails so you won't want to drink as much and it'll keep the hangover at bay. :)
  • leigh33ca
    leigh33ca Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you like beer, order a Molson 67 and it taste good!:drinker:

Leigh Ann

From Canadian Beer News.

Molson Canadian 67 is a light beer brewed to 3.0% abv with 67 calories, which the press release notes is “half the calories of a glass of wine or a single mixed drink and one-third fewer calories than light beer.”

Molson Canadian 67 is specially brewed for Canadian beer tastes by blending two-row malted barley, a touch of wheat, and a triple hopping method using four different varieties of hops. The result is a light beer with rich colour, creamy foam, and the clean flavour you expect from other light beers with only two-thirds the calories.

Most alcohol has roughly the same calorie content by volume, because the calorie content comes from the alcohol content, which your body basically breaks down as sugar. Vodka is the lowest by a few calories (about 64 per ounce depending on the brand and flavour), but most other hard liquors are about the same (whiskies and rums are in the 70s, gins are in the high 60s). Watch out for sugary mixers (soda, juices -- which are always full of corn syrup at bars/restaurants, etc) or drinks with liquers or syrups (puckers, flavoured "martinis", anything with grenadine). Wine is generally better for you than hard alcohol or beer, and each glass has between 100-150 calories. I don't drink beer, but my dieting friends who do say that the carbonation can make you feel full and you'll end up drinking or eating less because of that.

Every dieting drunk's trick: have a glass of water between each drink to pace yourself -- it will give the booze time to "kick in" between cocktails so you won't want to drink as much and it'll keep the hangover at bay. :)