Good Tasting Chocolate Protein Powder?

Options
What protein powders do you drink? I'm looking for something to drink after a workout and would love a protein drink. I don't like vanilla or strawberry, but I DO love me some chocolate :)

So, what are some good ones? Best mixed with water? Milk? In a smoothie?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• soonergirl1289
    Options
    I use Body Fortress. It's at Wal-Mart. I LOVE how it tastes. I put a banana in there sometimes.. but its also good by itself with milk or water.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Champion Pure Whey Stack Chocolate

and I know it isn't chocolate but Wellements ProBlend 55 Alpine Vanilla is my favoritest. :tongue:
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    BUMP
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Vega chocolate is good mixed with both water and milk :-D
  • ftoddw
    ftoddw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hands down, Muscle Milk is the best - it tastes like Nestle's Quick. (http://www.cytosport.com/products/muscle-milk )
    For straight 100% Whey, either Champion or EAS.
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    Maximuscle Promax gets my vote :happy: I bought it thinking I'd have to grit my teeth and just drink it quickly but it actually tastes really good!
    I make mine with Lactofree milk, it's delicious!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of Jay Robb!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Designer Whey I only drinik the chocolate 100 cal 3 carbs I mix it with 4oz of water or 4 oz of soymilk I think it is all nasty but I use this to keep my hunger down and it works. However the only one I have found that really taste good is Optimum it does tast like a chocolate shake I don't use it bc I would abuse it and use it for sugar fixes. Not good :(
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like the unflavored whey and then you can mix in it what you like
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Six Star Muscle Professional Strength Muscle Building Milk Shake.....just remember Six Star Muscle. lol. Triple Chocolate Fudge...YUM. I perfer it with 2% milk because it's thicker that way, but water is good too.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    I have not tried the chocolate, but I just picked up some Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Casien Protein in the Vanilla flavor. It tastes great. If their chocolate is as good, it would be really hard to not over eat it.

I do a mix between the Casien protein and a Whey protein Isolate from Nutrition House which is chocolate flavor as my after workout drink. Mixes well with water, and tastes quite good.
  • EdgeChic
    EdgeChic Posts: 75
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies! I'm glad I've got so many options with good reviews :)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    The max muscle lean protein chocolate mousse is the freaking bomb!

I got the vanilla cream this time, and add sugar free pudding or jello mixes to it to get different flavors. So orange jello equals an orange cream smoothie. Chocolate pudding is your chocolate shake. Etc....

I've had a couple missteps too - the banana was kinda nasty. ;)
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    We buy (at costco) pre made Pure Protein chocolate shakes. They taste great , low sugar and around 130 cal. I also love EAS Vanilla (i know you said you don't like the vanilla , maybe you could try the chocolate?) 100% Whey Protein Powder. I mix this with water. 8oz. It tastes great and also very low sugar.

i also started using Think thin bites 100 cal. little bars . I buy them at Trader Joes. 5 in a box I believe. I like the toffee and the dark chocolate. The white choc with Raspberry isn't too bad too.

Hope this helps.
    :0)
  • Coopertown3
    Coopertown3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels protein powder--I mix it with fruit, yoplait frozen smoothie mix, ice and water--you can buy it at walmart--love it
  • UmbraForzare
    Options
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was wondering if there's much difference in taste between making protein powder up with milk or water?
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I like the EAS 100% Whey Protein. I don't mix it with straight water though. I like it with skim milk. If I have to be out and about during the day and will have to mix with water, I put a scoop of non-fat dry milk with the powder in my shaker cup so that I can mix with water and still get the chocolate milk taste. I also don't like the taste of vanilla protein, so I use it in smoothies so I can't taste it. I mix it in the blender with a half dozen frozen strawberries, a banana, and a cup of orange juice.

Honestly, though, protein powder is an individual taste. Everyone I know swears Muscle Milk is awesome, but I hate the taste of it. I'm very picky about mine. None of the ones from Wal-Mart taste good to me. Most of the ones at GNC don't taste good to me either. I get EAS or my private label brand and that's it because they are the only one's I like the taste of. Since the private label brand isn't available to the general public, I recommend EAS. But try several if you can get sample sizes to see what you like the taste of.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I mixed mine with milk once and it was sooo thick it was nauseating... :)
  • SFbarmaid
    SFbarmaid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I use Trader Joes Chocolate whey..with coconut water.