Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I am thinking about purchasing a heart rate monitor so that I can easily track how many calories I burn when I do an excersise DVD or go for a walk. Does anyone out there have any suggestions regarding what to buy or not buy and on specific brands?

Replies

• Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40 and I absolutely LOVE it! It's super easy to use and tracks my calorie burn. I highly recommend it! There's also a million threads about these so I suggest trying to search them for more tips!
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had very good luck today with an HRM actually. I found a used POLAR HRM on craigslist, paid a third of the cost for it. I've used it all day today and its been terrific.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Invest the money in a good one. I have a Polar F4, not the fanciest or most expensive, but does what I need... heartrate, time in zone, and calories burned. I bought it for $65 I think. I think most people will recommend Polar.
  • Fitformykids
    Options
    Get one, as soon as possible. If you can, get on cosco now and get the Body Media. LOVE IT!!! My wife and I both
    have one. It tells you what you Actually burn. It is $150 and gets a 1 year free subscription to the website!!!
    It has made a HUGE difference for my wife and I.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40 and I absolutely LOVE it! It's super easy to use and tracks my calorie burn. I highly recommend it! There's also a million threads about these so I suggest trying to search them for more tips!

I am thinking about buying this one as well. I've read a lot of good reviews and it's affordable. Hope to get it this weekend.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 also. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the other models do but the price is very reasonable. I found one on eBay for $60. I think they usually run around $80-$100. It's definitely worth it. I wish I would have gotten one sooner in my journey.
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I just got my Garmin FR60W in the mail today... I will test it out tomorrow! Will let you know how I like it.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have thought about buying the body media wrist band has anyone tried it?
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar. I did a lot of research before I bought & wanted one that wouldn't cross talk with other people's HRMs. So far, so great!
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    None.
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is the one I have and I love it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P8VWQS
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4, I've used it about 3 or 4 times so far, and I LOVE IT!! It was about 90 dollars at Best Buy, but it was DEFINITELY worth it! I highly suggest it, because its super easy to use and tells you your heart rate, your heart rate range as well as how many calories you burned. I was shocked to see the difference in calorie burns from the HRM, MFP and the actual machine. Make sure you get one with a chest strap!