Help.. I lost my Motivation!

Options
Hello Everyone, I joined mfp full of motivation and now a few weeks later I seem to have lost it all. I hate when this happends, it's not the first time that I find it really hard to continue with my weight lost. I know that I need to push myself everyday to do good. But my problem is finding that motivation in me. Once I have that within me I am unstoppable. What can I do to gain motivation to lose weight?

Replies

• afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a really stupid way of keeping motivation lol. Take a ton of post it notes and write everything that makes you motivated: weight loss, friends, family, health, etc as well as writing encouraging things to yourself- then post them up in random places all over your house- that way when you pass by them you can look at them and remember why you were doing this in the first place. I know it sounds silly, but its really a good way when youre feeling a little down about your day to give yourself a little pick me up :)

Just remember that this journey is about you and everything that you want out of your life- and in the end you need to find inspiration through others, but most important, through yourself XD

Also- find friends or family to do it with you. That way you can hold each other accountable for your goals :)
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    With me, I have to start with small goals...For instance, today I just posted that I'm celebrating my first day of actually loggin in my food/excercise and finally drinking a full 8 glasses of water. I've been on this site for about two weeks now. Instead of tacking these small tasks all on the first day I"m allowing myself time to get used to this. I've lost 3 lbs by the way, so, moving slowly isnt a waste of time and you can still see results.....hope this helps. Taking big chunks/goals discourages me.
  • rmarin18
    rmarin18 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm fairly new on here..only about 2 weeks...but days I feel like giving up, I like to look at people's stories on the success message board. Kindof weird I guess, but it makes me stay on track so one day I can post my pictures!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    u need a goal, suggesting maybe a 5k walk to start with
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I made myself list of rewards I can get for each 5 pounds lost. That way when I accomplish a goal, I feel good and want to keep going! I've also started taking pictures of myself in my underwear each week so I can look for differences and be more motivated to keep going.
  • billyboombox
    Options
    You might try to do something like I did, I bought myself a gift certificate for a ride in a cesna airplane (since I could only fantasize about fitting into a plane like that) once I've reached my goal of getting down to 180 pounds, I'm currently 219 from a starting weight of 364... (I know that was a little extreme, but it's working for me...) I had gastric bypass surgery on 7/20/2010. I'll more than likely get there within 3 months... hope that helped... lol
  • jwstew007
    jwstew007 Posts: 67
    Options
    When I first joined MFP around the start of February, I wasn't really motivated at all, I was only doing it because I felt I had to do something. I had no confidence in myself.

But I've been sticking with it and the longer I have.. the more motivation I get from seeing MFP pals doing well and seeing lbs drop off my scale.

Feel free to add me, a little support goes a long way
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm with everybody else - definently set small goals. I know in the back of my mind my ideal weight is 120 (which is pretty far away from where I am now) so I look at my weight loss in 10 lb increments - 10 lbs is far less daunting then 50, 75, 100... whatever your goals may be. I also set a goal to run a 5k this summer, and I hate running... every single step of it! I personally think small goals keep me motivated. Hope that helps :flowerforyou: