W O R K _ O U T S !

Options
ANY exercises that help you guys burn calories please share them with me. : ))

Thanks. I truly appreciate it .......

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I do the 30-day shred by Jillian Michaels (it is a workout DVD). It is about 27 mins long. She really works you.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I got Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred today. It's around 10 bucks at Wal-Mart. It's a 20 min work out, and it kicked my behind!! I know it will get easier as the days go by, but it is a great work out.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred and also the Kendra Wilkinson Be a Knockout DVD's. They're really tough!
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!! You will love it.
  • Belloise
    Belloise Posts: 7
    Options
    Jillian is great, and she has a few that really burn calories and help you tone. Banish Fat Boast Metabolism is AWESOME and you burn a lot of calories, and No more trouble zones is a great strength exercise. But something that burns a lot of calories at least for me is the Elliptical trainer.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i am doing the shred too! :oD
  • Kookie57
    Kookie57 Posts: 10
    Options
    I bought the Leslie Sansone Walk Thin DVDs. I have really bad knees and this does make me sweat. Once I get in better shape I'll try the shred videos. Good Luck
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I have the wii... Wii fitness coach was good, wii active Just dance... all fun to do!!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but do you want to know about workout DVD's or actual exercises you can do at home on your own without DVD's?
  • Angielynn2thin
    Options
    Love it! :)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I love Cathe Step Videos. Turbo Jam. Wii Fitness Coach really kicks my butt.

And outside, once it warms up, I love to hike.
  • Sammydash
    Sammydash Posts: 11
    Options
    where did you get the DVDs from!
  • Sammydash
    Options
    @audjrey i really want to know about own exercises at home, Lol but anything will work!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    So before I try to answer I need to know what sort of fitness level you are at, and if you have any exercise equipment at all?
  • helencassell
    helencassell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I walk outdoor while carrying 3lb wts
  • hagamma
    hagamma Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm just getting back in the swing of things but I also like the 30 day Shred and I alternate with Pilates. Shred makes me feel strong, but Pilates makes me feel lean. It does take a bit of getting used to, though.
  • Sammydash
    Options
    well i use to box & i was a cheerleader. I currently am on a Varsity Soccer team and i have little weights!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    If you want a really quick workout Tabata thrusters could be good. Basically you have a couple of dumbells held at your shoulders. You do a squat (stand tall and break at the waist as if you are going to sit down on a chair). Squat down to the point where your thighs as parallel or just beyond parallel to the floor. Don't round your back while doing this. Power up from that point, and when you get upright press the dumbells up then lower to your shoulders. Repeat that.

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLFTePbfDQ

The tabata pattern is 20 seconds of intense exercise followed by 10 seconds rest, repeat that 8 times. It is an intense form of Interval Training. You can find out more here. http://www.intervaltraining.net/tabata.html

The easiest way to do this is to have an mp3 that tells you when to stop and start again. I googled Tabata timers and found a bunch. Don't forget to warm-up and cool down before and after.

These are very intense. I burn about 100-115 calories in 10 minutes which includes a mild warm-up and cool down according to you HRM. Better yet, these, like all interval training, raise you metabolism for quite some time afterward. I currently do their 3 times per week and other stuff on my off days.
  • datchick
    datchick Posts: 13
    Options
    I have started jumping rope, I jump 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins at night. I burn over 500 calories in 30 mins today I burned 528. I have a heart rate monitor watch and it tells me how many calories I burn. I am loving the jump rope. I also saw a blog on here about a girl (look at what I did in 4 weeks) she is sprinting and lost 15 lbs and 13.5 inches in 4 weeks. I know it does not sound like much but if you can find it and see her pics. it will blow you away. Needless to say I am incorporating sprinting in my routine.
  • Sammydash
    Options
    Thanks i appreciate it!