I'm asking for support

Options
Dear members,
I'm asking for some online support since I don't get any at home or in real life. I'm trying to lose weight and cut out caffeine, sugars, and salt. I'm also having some major food cravings and mood swings. (p.m.d.d.) I have not given up as I know this is something I need to do but I'm feeling like I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders and also feel friendless and supportless. Maybe I'm just feeling down due to "womanly issues"? I just don't know anymore. Please help?

Replies

• SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    this is a great place for support! dont give up, just keep plugging away. you are making great changes for yourself :flowerforyou:
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are not feeling supported by your family, but that is why we are here for you! You have lost 5 pounds so far so CONGRATULATIONS! Just keep on your journey...you are making this change for yourself! If you are feeling extremely depressed make sure you talk to you doctor.
  • Cari07
    Cari07 Posts: 2
    Options
    Dear Blessed...I know how it is to be struggling hard and to try to be good...you can do it!! I don't suffer from PMDD like you do, had a hysterectomy when I was 32, so 10 years ago, but when we add weight loss onto that, boy do the emotions and cravings go hand in hand to taunt us.

Do you like fruit? If you feel a craving coming on grab an apple and have some peanut butter with it. Or a big glass of diet ice tea, maybe a piece of sugar free candy, one or two pieces as a reward. Go for a walk if time permits...

Good luck and god bless!! HUGS!
  • JHoersten2
    JHoersten2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    SUPPORT GRANTED!

My buddies still come over with pizza and beer, just in case I was tired of this whole "losing weight" thing. ...And boy, do I love me some cheese, hot sauce, and hops.

Just gotta focus big picture. The faster you slim down, the sooner you can enjoy a "maintaining" calorie limit.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    We are definitely here to support you! Just take it one day at a time! Unfortunately, sometimes you have to do without the support of your family. That's the time when you have to dig deep and begin to love yourself! The more you give yourself that love, the more successful your journey will be!
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP UP!!!! We are all here to support each other.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    You're doing it! :flowerforyou:

Keep up the great work!

I've found that when I make changes slowly they're more likely to stick, and that even when I slip up it doesn't mean I give up because I'm in this for life. I may reach a goal weight, but that's just a step. There are many things to learn, experience and celebrate along the way.
  • Jentrin03
    Jentrin03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place!!! Its not easy getting rid of bad habits but the further along you get the better you will feel :happy: Just keep pushing yourself and the rewards will be great!
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and friend requests!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on your journey.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry your havign a hard time with this. The people here are awesome and very helpful. Dont feel like you have to go at it alone, we will help you through it. Ill add you as a friend and we can do it together!