Gowns and Belly Dancing

Options
Ok, I have a question. I'm going to a formal function and have bought a dress that is very beautiful. The problem is that it really only fits right when I've just woke up and haven't drank any water or eaten or whatnot. By the time evening comes I'm slightly more bloated. It's not so much of a weight loss issue as it is a tummy-sucking-in issue.

Anyone have any good luck with body/tummy slimmers?

Also, this saturday and sunday I will be performing with my belly danceing troupe in front of the whole town. It's the fist time anyone will see my tummy in public in a lot of years! :embarassed:

Wish me luck!!

P.S. I'll post some pics if you guys want, I don't know what the protocol for that is here.

Replies

• omkranti
    Options
    Ok, I have a question. I'm going to a formal function and have bought a dress that is very beautiful. The problem is that it really only fits right when I've just woke up and haven't drank any water or eaten or whatnot. By the time evening comes I'm slightly more bloated. It's not so much of a weight loss issue as it is a tummy-sucking-in issue.

Anyone have any good luck with body/tummy slimmers?

Also, this saturday and sunday I will be performing with my belly danceing troupe in front of the whole town. It's the fist time anyone will see my tummy in public in a lot of years! :embarassed:

Wish me luck!!

P.S. I'll post some pics if you guys want, I don't know what the protocol for that is here.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would love some pics! Have you ever tried Spanx? I love 'em...Wear them every time I'm in a dress!!
    Good luck with your belly-dancing-I would love to try that! It looks and sounds like a lot of fun!
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    O hon, I know your pain.

I've used a Hanes version of Spanx. They really smooth you out, but they aren't comfortable. At all! it's like panty hose times ten getting the dang things on too.....

If you have the option, I would find something that fits and flatters and only requires a little bit of smoothing rather than having to be really uncomfortable!

:flowerforyou:
  • omkranti
    Options
    It's such a blast, plus it's great excersise. You have to really work all the tummy muscles.

I've heard of Spanx. I looked at thier website but was a little disapointed by the prices. Perhaps I'll save up and invest in a good one!