Work and Exercise

Options
I work retail and am walking for hours on end. Does this count in my exercise log or do i need to do extra exercise?

Replies

• ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i dont log that in since it is a part of my daily lifestyle....
  • shan2bthin
    shan2bthin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Definitely counts! To see the results for yourself, where a pedometer during your work day and I bet you will be shocked by how many steps you get in. Keep walking :smile:
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Your body needs 1200 calories just to breathe, eat, digest, poop, belch, sleep, and keep your vital organs working optimally. Anything above that is food for fuel. So if you're on your feet (be it part of your daily life-style or not) it most definitely counts as calories burned because you need fuel to stand and walk around all day.
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    I am on my feet at work all day as well but I still exercise. My doctor says work isn't considered exercise although it feels like it. LOL
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    It does not really count. When you first start this program it asks you if your sedentary or if you move. They calculate that in already for you. If you want to loose weight faster work out. If you don't then don't exercise. But your body is already used to you working. The idea is to change it up. Like if you standing at the register do calf raises or try and add other things into your day at work.
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I only work on the weekends, so what I've found to work is I set my activity level at sedentary and whenever I work, I put it in as exercise. I work at a grocery store where I'm walking all the time, so I put it in as cooking/food preparation.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    would use a hrm to find out just what you really burn a day
  • etdurbin
    etdurbin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks all...i walk between 20000 and 30000 steps a day was just wondering. htanks I will definitely add more exercise to the lifestyle.