?'s the difference between net calories and calories?

Options
hi. I was just wondering what the difference is between the two. When I go to reports you can choose either one.

Also, do you have to complete the journal at the end of the day? i just recently saw that and I know I haven't been doing it. Will it still record and track what I am doing? If so, what is the point of completing your journal for the day.

Thanks!

Replies

• beckybubbles
    beckybubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    hi. I was just wondering what the difference is between the two. When I go to reports you can choose either one.

Also, do you have to complete the journal at the end of the day? i just recently saw that and I know I haven't been doing it. Will it still record and track what I am doing? If so, what is the point of completing your journal for the day.

Thanks!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you don't have to hit complete, that's optional. I rarely do. net calories are: calories eaten- calories burned= net calories. Your net calories should be the number MFP suggests. So if it tells you to eat 1400 per day, those should be your net calories.:drinker:
  • beckybubbles
    beckybubbles Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    so if it tells me to eat 1380 a day, and then I work out say earning 400 extra calories, I need to eat those calories on top of the 1380 are at least as close to it to be on my mark for the day right?! i still really have to get used to the mindset of "eat to lose". Then whatever is eaten is my net calories.

ie. 1380 + 350=1730 net calories for the day.?

thanks again.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Yep, you're exactly right! :flowerforyou: You need to eat the ones you earn from exercise. only the equation will look like this: 1780(eaten)-400(excercised away)= 1380 net calories.
  • strawberryblonde13
    Options
    you don't need to hit complete... but i like to when I have had a good day because it says... "this is how much you will weigh in 5 weeks if every day is like today".... a nice boost after a good day:bigsmile:
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Ok...this may sound stupid, but where is the "Completed" button?

Also, I guess that I've never done the reports section before, but when I did today...it looks as if I've only ate over 1200 net calories (slightly over) once this whole week! I thought I was doing good by getting close to it, but seeing it in this method is a slap in the face. No wonder why my body is all screwed up? UGH.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. :flowerforyou:
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Oh...I found the "Complete button". Thanks