Some nights...

Options
I just want to snack like crazy. (Okay, basically everynight...) Tonight it's really bad, though. So bad that I'm pretty sure it'd be worth it to me not to lose any weight this week.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Yeah, me too. Drink water.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Heres a few things I do:
    -have a big glass of cold water.
    -Keep telling yourself to wait 20 more minutes.
    - Have a general rule like for example mine is "no eating after 9".
    -Try a handful of almonds
    - A cup of hot tea
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Try brushing your teeth. That helps me sometimes I don't want to eat anything after I get my teeth all nice and clean.:happy:
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Try brushing your teeth. That helps me sometimes I don't want to eat anything after I get my teeth all nice and clean.:happy:

This works for me too! I also like to have a cup of hot green tea before I brush my teeth and then I also feel full; maybe not satisfied 100%, but content. :)
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Frozen blueberries are my life savers take long to eat
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    i love popcorn. big bowl, low cal. :tongue:
  • mrsbarraza23
    Options
    i'm starving! but i've met my calorie goal for today.. :( I think I'll try the whole drinking tea and brushing my teeth! I drink a lot of water as it is and its not helping... grrr
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. My period is about a week away and I'm already feeling the hunger kick in more than usual. this really sucks, I know! Trying to do so good only to be derailed by being more hungry and of course healthy foods aren't always appealing. No, I want a fatty meal, something heavy! In the same boat, don't feel bad. I think it's time to eat at Baja Fresh again for my usual Baja steak burrito, it is my splurge night so I suppose it might be Ok! Good luck and be careful, you will feel guilty later!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    right there with ya....
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If you can, I would go brush your teeth and go to bed. {{{hugs}}}
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Agree with brushing of the teeth. it's so hard to knock the cravings!!
  • staybek
    staybek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! You'll regret it tomorrow!! Hang in there!!
  • emilyl147
    Options
    Here are some things I do to resist snacking:
    -Do my nails: by the time their dry I usually don't even want to eat anymore!
    -Drink something low calorie that will satisfy my craving (like Fuze Slenderize-so good! No sugar either!)
    -Email or facebook friends I haven't spoken to in a while.
    -Remember my "mantra": Don't let what you want in the moment get in the way of what you want most of all.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I agree the brushing teeth works for a lot of people. I tried it once, though, and ended up brushing my teeth fifteen times a day because I kept snacking anyway. haha
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Are your meals spread out enough? Are you getting enough carbs, fiber, protein...all that good stuff?

Or, do you have calories to spare and just not eating due to the time?? I ask because I see this sooooooo much.
    It's after 1 am and I'm having my dinner now. If it's a time thing, that's a myth.

If you're truly hungry, get a light snack. Food isn't the enemy. Being able to recognize boredom vs. real hunger is.

Good luck! :)
  • ameaston22
    Options
    I totally feel you. I don't know if this is an option for you, but I actually work out an extra 30 minutes (or longer depending on the treat I want) just so that I can have that nightly snack / treat. I have the most incredible sweet tooth. I don't get by without something sweet daily. Tonight, I wanted to treat myself to a sundae so I worked out an hour this afternoon and thirty minutes this evening on my stationary bike (vigorously 14mph). I was able to have what I want and still have almost 500 calories remaining, which leaves me with a big deficit. I do this all the time and I'm losing weight (12 pounds!)
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Put a food on 'lay-by"
    Say to yourself ' well i want a piece of chocolate but I will wait 24 hours and if I still want one I can have one then"
    Good luck and stay strong!
  • britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    Ugh I've had a hard time with this too. I love the 100 calorie kettle corn and vegetables like yellow squash have really helped (about 10 calories for half a cup). Just know you're not alone! I'm glad you've called out for help. Just the fact that you were able to do that before giving into the munchies shows your progress :smile:
  • MLG010105
    MLG010105 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! I appreciate it.