How Do I Determine Calories If I Only Eat Half the Bun?

Options
FireRox21
FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
So, against my better judgement and after a killer workout tonight, I ate a Filet O Fish from Mc Donald's. However, I only ate half of the bun. I certainly don't want to add the calories for a full sandwich when I didn't eat a full sandwich. Should I just say I ate 3/4 of a serving or what? Does anyone know how to add calories for situations like this? I RARELY eat anything from McDonald's, but I want to get credit for the protein/carbs I ate. Help!?!?

Replies

• Superman1360
    Options
    I would look up calories in a hamburger bun and split those in half. Then just deduct that number from the total cals, fat, etc. for the whole sandwich and do a manual post of the calories.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    personally I'd just record it as having eaten the full sandwich and move on. You could try searching online for mcdonalds nutritional info and see if they have a bun listed and do the math but really it's probably more work than it's worth.
  • crazyeaCHANGED
    Options
    personally I'd just record it as having eaten the full sandwich and move on. You could try searching online for mcdonalds nutritional info and see if they have a bun listed and do the math but really it's probably more work than it's worth.

Agreed.

Search Mcdonalds - Fish Sandwich No Bun, Split the difference
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

This. Once you start searching, you're liable to find it isn't much saved, anyway.
  • LP4me
    LP4me Posts: 27
    Options
    Check to see if McD's has a website that has the option of customizing your order. Then you could figure out what the total would be without the bun...and the total with the bun ...so, you would know the difference. (Then if you know how much the bun was by itself you would obviously know how much half of it was!) :wink: hope that made sense.
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just add the whole thing, its better to over estimate ur intake anyways. Estimating low leaves room for error, since the makers always send the smallest portion to be analyzed for nutrition facts.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Check to see if McD's has a website that has the option of customizing your order. Then you could figure out what the total would be without the bun...and the total with the bun ...so, you would know the difference. (Then if you know how much the bun was by itself you would obviously know how much half of it was!) :wink: hope that made sense.

Good idea. I think Burger King does this; I'll have to Google. And to everyone else, you're all probably right. It's better to overestimate and take it as a lesson learned. Thank you for all of your responses.

The worst part of it, it totally didn't taste that good. After I finished I thought "gee, that had NO flavor". :ohwell:
  • ashahl
    ashahl Posts: 81
    Options
    Well acording to this:
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/mcdonalds/bun/

The bun is around 150 calories so just subtract that from the burger calories, which is 380 according to the website, and add half back (75) and you get 305. So I think it's that but I might be wrong!
  • hanna541
    hanna541 Posts: 32
    Options
    STAY AWAY FROM FAST FOOD UNLESS ITS ONLY ONE SALD AT MC DONALDS THAT THE ONLY THING IN MY BOOKS THATS NOT ALOT OF CALORIES ITS 25O CAL. WITH THE GRILLED CHICKEN CRISPY 350 WOWWW IN JUST A SALD ITS FILLING THOW, IF U THINK ABOUT IT U COULD OF GOT MORE FOOD OUT THE SALAD THEN THE SANDWICH. REMEMBER PORTION SIZE WICH U DID BUT WITH THE CALORIES U ATE U COULD A ATE A CHICKEN BREST WITH A SALD AND IT WOULD HAVE BEN THE SAME CALORIES. I STAY AWAY FROM FAST FOOD TACO BELL AND STUFF SOME HOW IT BLOWS U UP WATER WEIGHT DK, PERSONLY I JUST COOK AT HOME IF I GO OUT TO EAT ITS A SALAD