Is anyone trying keto? Talk to me, my people!

Options
Yes, I am talking about an Atkins Induction-type diet.

Refined flours, sugars, and some fruits give me the most horrible stomach cramps. I had researched why this might be and found the diet in the process.

Basically, to drive your body to ketosis (a state in which it burns fat for fuel) you must eat under 50 (some say 20) grams of carbohydrates a day. (That's about 5 percent of my macronutrients, I think.) Just so we're clear on what that is.

I know a lot of people are not very helpful or encouraging when it comes to this diet, so I tend to hide away in places like this, where people are fond of whole-wheat bread (now that is something I sometimes miss, I must say.) But I need a keto buddy! Is anyone going through Atkins Induction or a limited carb diet like I am? I don't wanna be alone!

Replies

• ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm not following the program right now, but have considered going back to it. I lost about 40 lbs in keto about 5 years ago. A few years of laziness and very sloppy eating has gained back about 25 of them for me. I found this site, and I am giving an honest effort at following the nutritional guidelines they recommend. If I don't get the results I need, I'll be back on what I know works. I think everyone's body is different. We all process foods differently and have different needs. If you are having success and are staying healthy, then good for you.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    ive just went bak onto my high-protein minimal carb eating plan 2day :) friend me if u wana :)

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I hit ketosis last week but I was at a far higher level of carbs. It was accidental due to finances and eating what was in the house but my carbs were between 60 and 81 all week with one day being only 52. I couldn't understand the headache and then an artificial sweetener mixed with alcohol taste i constantly had in my mouth so I googled the symptoms, diabetes and ketosis came up, no other diabetic symptoms tho. I asked on another board i'm a member of and they all said it was ketosis with one lady stating that she is in constant ketosis eating 60-80 carbs a day...i guess it depends on your sensitivity but personally I'm glad i'm out of it...HORRID taste although I know that I would probably get quicker results somethings just aren't worth it and that taste is not worth it for me
  • ecahill91
    ecahill91 Posts: 69
    Options
    I did a diet like that with my sister years ago and found it was very difficult for me. I am not really watching my carbs to the "T" right now, but my doctor did suggest me take a carbohydrate absorption inhibitor. I have yet to see real, true results....but I'm only 1/3 of the way through the bottle, so, we'll see!! haha

Good luck with your plan!! I wish you the best!!
  • mishu21399
    Options
    Yeah, I'm keeping carbs around 25 right now and trying to keep my cals below 1200 too. The diary and customization on this site make this a breeze. I have lost 5 lbs so far in my first week.