cheat days : /

Options
im just starting to get use to my calorie intake and ive nearly got the hang of the website but..... on saturdays i have a big sarni from a shop and a takeaway at night chicken kebab, will i have to give these up totally for weight loss? rest of days i eat normally and ive been doing exercise every day mon to fri, i would do it sundays aswell but i work 12 hours straight ! so i stick to mon to fri, ne one have any advice?

Replies

• chrish1981
    chrish1981 Posts: 156
    Options
    Hey,

I still eat several cheat meals a week (probably more than I should) but I am consistently losing weight.

I even have some "cheat days" where I go way over.

However, I'm down 16 lbs in 2 months because for the MOST part I watch what I eat and I exercise.

Don't deny yourself; just don't over-indulge and you'll be ok.

Good luck!
  • T0RIEELIZABETH
    Options
    I would say let yourself have it once a month. it will save money too lol :)

I work at a mexican resteraunt (Moe's.. if you've ever heard of it) and I absolutely love their nachos. I would have them like once a week, until I realize in the whole thing (granted I can never finish it) there is 1600 calories. for one meal. So now I let myself have it MAYBE once a month. before you know it, you wont even want it any more.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    A cheat day once a week, is totally fine, just dont turn it into a cheat weekend lol....You will be fine. Goodluck
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I read an article in Fitness magazine that said one key to success is to have a "cheat meal" once a week, but have it later in day so you do not spike your insulin levels too early. I do it and am still losing...15 pounds in 20 days.
  • darkspecter
    Options
    I would off set it with a trip to the Gym that day. Its not that you cant eat things, its just making sure you use the calories.
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Yep I agree with the above post - I think its okay to have 'cheat' meals, but just make sure you work the calories off. If I overeat in my calories, I make sure I spend extra time on the exercise bike and work those extra calories off. Its all about the ins and outs of things I think.

Don't think to yourself 'I'm cheating' because thats negative thinking - think, I had a nice meal - and now I'm going to work it off lol. :)
  • cerferchick
    Options
    If you never allow yourself the things you like, you won't stick with it. It's when those things become the rule and not the reward that you have a problem.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Moderation...Moderation....Moderation...
  • youcanhumpmyleg
    Options
    thanks for the advice guys! well its defo only one day in week i have a takeaway and then sundays im constantly on my feet walking round at work so hoping this will contribute to burning of some cals, i will probably stil do extra exercise mondays then to make it up ive started doing 60 mins a day aerobics and some flexibiltiy! so hopefully il start to see a little weight loss : ).
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have 2 cheat meals a week...its not like I go overboard with them though. I still eat in moderation.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i also have cheat days twice a week. for example, last night i ate Chipotle (at least 800 cals in one sitting) and i woke up to a 2 lb loss! just make sure you either save room in your calorie budget or get in some exercise that day :)
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Once a week a cheat day is needed or you will go crazy. Since I weigh-in on Fridays I cheat on Saturday. Then I have a week to be super good before weighing in again. It works well for me.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I do a meal once a month of what I want ........
  • Dizzyone825
    Options
    I cheat once a week and have lost something like 10lbs in the last few weeks..I think you need one day to have something good..I think it makes me less likely to fall off of the wagon..My cheat night is usually Sat. night since that's usually when I have my hubby bring me home this awesome salad in a fried tortilla bowl with chicken in it.. probably not too horrible but it is sooo good.