Beside the health and appearance aspects, in what ways has y

Options
Beside the health and appearance aspects, in what ways has your weight negatively affected your activities and/or lifestyle?

Here is my list and I can't wait to change these things!

:sad:

I don't wear shorts.
I do not wear my hair pulled back as I am afraid my face looks too fat.
I avoid places where I might run into people I haven't seen since I was thin as I am afraid they will wonder how the heck I let
myself get so heavy when I used to weigh 110 (at 5'3").
I don't enjoy buying or trying on clothes.

What are the things your weight gain has affected?

5345368.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• AlienBaby
    AlienBaby Posts: 22
    Options
    Besides my sex life I'd say..

-The ability to get pregnant
    -Not being able to wear my fave clothes anymore
    -Playing with my daughter (I get out of breath too easily)
    -My confidence has just gone and wont be coming back untill I'm 4 stone lighter.

I cant wait to change these things either! It's about time we got our life back :D
  • kosmik
    kosmik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Of course shopping is hell. especially since I'm studying a year in South Korea. The country where everything is based on appearance and where plastic surgery is normal. I just have a hard time finding clothe that are more than 32inches of waist. All the girls are thin, dress very feminine and sexy.

Also I'd say mostly self-confidence issues. My weight have shaped my personality in a way where I avoid places, situations, people where it's a issue.
  • marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    Wear and tear on my bones, which I have problems with anyway. Not wanting to shop for new clothes because I don't like the selection in the plus size section. Not wanting to go to public places like amusement parks and swimming pools.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    How has my weight negatively affected my life?
    -Self confidence is the pits
    -Afraid to eat infront of others because they may judge what I am eating
    -Shopping, dressing, etc
    -Avoiding people, activities
    -Watching life pass me by!

With 20lbs down and another 40+ to go my self confidence is increasing, went shopping and bought a "regular" size pair of pants, I know I am eating well... so watch me! And I am becoming an active participant in my own life. (My husband and daughter are happy with this, I am not just watching, I am actually trying things now. Life just continues to improve.