Anyone else practising Lent ?

Options
After having a rough February I have refocussed and for my usual Lent practise of giving something up I decided to put that practice to work helping me with my weight loss. Anyone else using Lent to help them physically as well as spiritually?

Replies

• prudenfit
    prudenfit Posts: 21
    Options
    Yes. Last year Lent helped me to become a vegetarian, realizing I don't need meat and such. I know it can sound cheap but really, giving up something I thought was way important pushed me to depend more on God for sustenance and yeah. This year I'm fasting from cheese, because I eat it a lot. It's a legit fast. ;)
  • ChrissyM
    ChrissyM Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing. I've been stuck in a rut with weight loss for the last several months and I figured Lent was as good a time as any to do something about it.
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    hello! i'm give up red meat for lent and yes i deceded gime the opportunity to conect again with god :)
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to log completely honestly.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up all added sugars for lent. It's going pretty good so far.

Over five years ago I have up pop for lent/new years and I haven't drank it since. I'm hoping to have the same luck with added sugars. Good luck to the rest of you! :smile:
  • VikkiLynn
    VikkiLynn Posts: 14
    Options
    Yep! I gave up evening snacks for Lent. Once I'm finished with dinner, I don't allow myself anything else for the day. Just in a few days, I've lost 3 lbs doing that. It's awesome. So glad I started that because I hadn't lost any weight in about a month.
    Good luck all!
  • groovybeenz
    groovybeenz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am giving up sweets and fast food. Two things that I overindulge in on a fairly regular occasion. I've been on an up and down roller coaster for the past few months so I needed a little motivation to hop back on the wagon and stay there. Giving up gluttony and overindulgence and taking care of myself as a thank you to the Lord for the gift of life I've been given.
  • Tina1128
    Tina1128 Posts: 37
    Options
    Very uplifting !! I gave up three "addictions" -- coffee , all sugars, and -- the one that is going to be the most challenging I think -- the scale. I found that being stuck within a five pound range for the last 5 weeks realy made me use the scale in an unhealthy way -- not as motivation but as a head game. I'm trying to add some things too -- prayer everyday, exercise everyday and reading to my kids everytime they ask.

God is good al the time, all the time God is good.
  • Tina1128
    Tina1128 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm trying to log completely honestly.

Mmm sometimes it can be tough -- I try to keep my diary open to friends to be more accountable but sometime that extra snack at night wouldn't get logged -- or if I was "bad" .