Saying Hello, Looking for Support

Options
sheismith
sheismith Posts: 111 Member
Hi all! I just joined yesterday and looking to hook up with a few friends. I met with a dietician yesterday who told me about this site. I've lost 70 pounds and have another 70 to go. I'm currently working on moving from a walker to a runner. My mini goal is to run a mile, then a 5K. My ultimate goal is to run a marathon for my 50th birthday.

Replies

• jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress you've made so far! This website is great and I'm so glad I found it. I used to manually count calories, but the database here is awesome and it makes it a lot easier to keep track of calories. Also, the people here are amazing! They give you so much support, especially on those days when your motivation is running out. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • lthompsn
    lthompsn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome. 70 pounds already, that's fantastic! I'm at the 55 pound mark, and seem to have hit that plateau, but I'm still working on it. This site has been valuable to me, the calorie tracking, recipies, and support, have helped me get here, and I hope to get another 55-60 pounds off, but mostly, want to stay healthy.
    Good luck!!!