Hello, I'm new to dieting 

pob75
pob75 Posts: 14
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone,

I am 35 and have 2 boys who are 5 and 2, after my 2 yr old I lost a stone and was sooooooo proud of myself I went to the gym and followed WW but I got bored of going (and money) so now I have put back on 11lbs!!

I'm not impressed with myself and I have never had to diet so am really struggling, so I am hoping the app and this website is going to give me the oompf I need

Replies

• jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    I love this website. I don't like the word "diet" because when you stop, you gain all the weight back. I believe that everything in moderation is okay, but of course, junk food needs to be kept to a minimum. I love this website because I can see what I'm eating and know that I'm doing good. Just yesterday I bought 3 rolls of sushi and wanted to eat it all until I saw how many calories it was. I made sure to only eat half and it was a lot better. Things like that which we might not always think about if we didn't have something like this to follow. Good luck in your journey!! Feel free to add me as a friend...we need all the support we can get.
  • lmkdog
    lmkdog Posts: 4
    Welcome to the sight. I have to children as well. When my wife gave birth to my first child I blew up to 265 pounds fairly quickly. Well I managed to get the weight off and back down to 220 pounds. Now with our second child recently born I was back up to 265. Now its even harder to loose and my old tricks aren't working. I discovered recently that weight loss is 85% nutrition and 15% exercise. Before I was killing my self at the gym 6 hours a week of hard intense workouts with minimal loss that can be frustrating and near impossible to maintain afterward. Well I changed my game plan to a little less intense work outs and focused more on nutrition, not starvation, and low and behold after a week my weight loss tripped. Any way a great thing about this sight is that you are able to view other peoples food diaries. So if you don't have any friends yet here you can add me and you should be able to see my food diary and those of my two friends. Although I only have to friends and I have no idea who they are in person they were nice enough to let me in and give me some encouragement. oh and also I found that eating the added calories allowed from your exercising for the day didn't work for me. I just eat the recommended calories without the added exercise calories. Have a Great day.:happy: :happy:
This discussion has been closed.