tea lovers

Options
licha75
licha75 Posts: 391 Member
I used to love cappacino's and now I have found a new love! Tea with no sugar or milk, I love tea! There are so many different tastes out there, I have just found peppermint, which is YUM. I really like Tchai, blueberry but my latest find was the peppermint, I just can't get enough of it. Any other tea lovers out there? What is your favorite kind ?:smile:

Replies

• michelle6006
    Options
    rooibos vanillia is my favorite at the moment , also sweet fennel , calmomile, green tea with raspberry and of course peppermint ! :)
  • irishpagan
    Options
    OMG Tea addict!!! I love it! It's my favorite drink, favorite medicine (I'm an herbalist) favorite way of relaxing! I just love tea! Peppermint is my ultimate favorite, but my mother (also a tea addict) found Stash Tea Co's Chocolate Peppermint. If you haven't had it do yourself the favor and order it. I can't find it in store anywhere but I promise you will love it. Its like a dessert. I don't normally add anything to my tea, not even honey, but the Choc Mint is divine with just a hint of cream in it.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have fallen in love with Adagio Tea. I have there ingenuitea brewer and it is such a magical and fun way to brew tea. I am drinking mostly green teas right now. But I love oolongs, black teas, and herbals too. But I must admit I still start most days with the tea flavor I grew up with: brewed Lipton with lemon.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I love specialty teas! I'm always going to T2 (http://t2tea.com/) and buying different teas.

I'm currently trying out a Vanilla Bean & Peppermint mix as I'm current in a mint tea phase. Previous mint teas I've had were Mint Mix (All the different mints blended together) and licorice legs, which wasn't mint but still had that fresh feeling to it.

Before that I went for 6 months on "Brisbane Breakfast" which is English Breakfast with mango infused in.

I prefer tea without milk. It stemmed from a time before I discovered lactose free cow's milk but now I just like tea sans milk because of the calorie counting.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Sleepy Time is my favorite. BUT--I do sweeten it.
  • sschanding
    Options
    I need to check out the different kinds of tea. Being from the South, I only drink my tea one way...SWEET! I think that this has been my biggest struggle!
  • gipsykiss
    gipsykiss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    well i have to say right now my favorite tea is Citrus green tea :smile: :smile: It is really good .. I always drink unsweet tea when i eat out that way i don't use my calories on my drinks... I have to say I have never had milk in my tea lol that is a new one on me. Good luck to all !!
  • kbarker69
    kbarker69 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am a tea lover too and have been since I was a kid. My moms cupboards were always full and so are mine! My favorite is "Constant Comment".

I have noticed that a little bit of sweetener brings out the flavor of the tea for me, especially the fruit flavored ones. In this case I always use Splenda as my sweetener.
  • licha75
    Options
    :drinker: wow, they all sound soooo good. :love: Now, I am making my list from all of your suggestions of teas, I can't wait to try some new ones. That chocolate peppermint sounds soooo good, I will try it for sure if I can find it! :smile:
  • RunOnSentence
    Options
    My favorite is "Constant Comment".

:love: I love Constant Comment too - plus the name cracks me up! :laugh:
    I am also fond of Earl Grey, Chai (my friend's homemade mix, with pepper, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon), and green tea w/ puffed rice. With the exception of the chai, I don't add milk or sugar - not for diet reasons...it's just what I'm used to!
    For everyday tea, I drink Barry's - I'm told it's like the Irish version of Lipton's. Nothing fancy, but good, solid tea.

ETA: Though I love tea, I'm still hooked on coffee!
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely an Earl Grey tea lover...I love the scent and the taste of the bergamot in tea. I know it's not for everyone but I find it a very calming blend for me. I also like English Breakfast and Lady Grey tea. Green tea fan too with an added squeeze of lemon is a nice change too.
  • licha75
    Options
    :smile: I've looked all over in stores where I live and there are many kinds of teas that you guys mentionned and they aren't there! I guess every place has their own special teas! Has anyone ever ordered teas on-line and if so, is there any sites you recommend?
  • michelca
    michelca Posts: 41
    Options
    I love a good earl grey with milk, or black tea with a slice of lemon. If I'm in the mood for something herbal, I'll usually go for mint, chamomile, rooibus, or ginger. I like to slice the ginger myself and add a teaspoon of honey :)
  • toodleton
    toodleton Posts: 82
    Options
    Love, Love, Love tea
    I start my day with a hot cup of regular or chair tea with creamer and splenda :drinker:
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love T2! I can spend a whole hour in there just deciding! I'm currently making my way through Blue Mountain. Yummo, and it smells divine.
    If anyone is into fruit teas I get these amazing ones from Polish delis and the like- the brand is Malwa and I really love the raspberry one. It's caffeine free also. Honestly, T2 doesn't even compare.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Yay, so many yummy teas mentioned. The first tea I ever liked hot was Sleepytime (mint and chamomile blend). But now I love just about any variety of mint tea.

If you like tangy or fruity teas, definitely try hibiscus. It's good hot or cold. And there are some lovely hibiscus mint blends available.

For something truly refreshing try chrysanthemum tea. It's not caffeinated as it's just made from the flower blossoms. It has a cooling sensation that's a little bit like mint, but a completely different flavor. You're most likely to find it at a Chinese market.

I should stop now, but there are just so many wonderful teas. :) Hope you find more you enjoy.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    presidents choice chocolate mint
    presidents choice chocolate chai
    celestial seasonings decaf chai
    moroccan mint green

these are my current favorites
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a coffee drinker, but I love chamomile and green tea w/ brown rice. Or the occasional oolong.
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love tea too all teas are great but a cup of Typhoo English tea with a dash of non-fat milk is the best for me no cream should be added to tea it drowns the flavour thats best in coffee which I also love!!!!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    ME ME!! I love tea! My favorite right now is Good Earth brand Original flavor. It's really good when I'm craving something sweet because its naturally sweet with no sugar, sweeteners etc. It has black tea, rosehips, cinnamon, chamomile, lemongrass, peppermint, papaya, jasmine tea, anise seed, ginger root, orange peel and orange oil. Definitely my favorite right now. I really like rose tea also, but rose is an acquired taste so beware if you aren't too hot on rose (but if you are, you can buy it at many asian markets).