Almond Milk

Options
ncrawley
ncrawley Posts: 11 Member
I thought I would give this a go as everyone seems to rave about it, I had about 40g almonds, blanched them, then blended them with about 200ml of water - the result? It tasted just like water with a little after taste! Am I missing something here? Now I wasn't expecting a full on milk taste but I was expecting some sort of creamyness taste. One thing I should note though is not all the almonds go blended they just sat at the bottom - could this be the problem and why I didn't get much taste?

Replies

• Aubers
    Aubers Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try buying almond milk from the store. We get Silk Almond milk and love it!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_bLNou4bAMoQ/S7U03DOGlqI/AAAAAAAAFcA/8cDW5bqkjXY/s1600/sk_HG_PureAlmdOrig+20100304.jpg
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    My children and I love almond milk. however, we usually buy it instead of making it at home. Is possible for you to get it at the grocery store?
  • chellis76
    chellis76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I buy my almond milk unsweet at the store no particular brand and I love it! Goes great with your protein shakes and with cereal and only 40 calories!! I love it!! Try it
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    Yeah, I've never made it myself, but it seems like it would be more complicated than just blending almonds with water.. Go buy some! It's fantastic! I love the vanilla flavoured one! It's great on cereals.
  • lorrainegd
    Options
    I also buy mine. I LOVE Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I would def NOT go back to cows milk. and it smells amazing when I cook my oatmeal with it! YUM! and only 40 cals a glass!
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I had no idea you could make your own! My family also buys the Silk version in the grocery store--it's mega delicious; I'd give it a try!
  • ncrawley
    ncrawley Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - it's just a recipe I found online! I'm in the UK so not sure if it's sold here and how expensive it is - I know I've seen Soy Milk but don;t want that due to the links with excess hormones in it for men lol