Water question....

Options
Moop87
Moop87 Posts: 71 Member
When drinking water, do you enter flavored waters towards your allowance? There are no calories in the one I drink. I was just curious how everyone else handles this. :smile:

Replies

• chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that it's pure water that counts....and that's how I've always done it. I may drink a lot of coffee or tea but I never count it towards my water consumption.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I count everything that is liquid and calorie free :)

Edit: And caffeine free since it is a diuretic and causes you to lose water.
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have been addicted to the crystal light water stuff...I think it may be slowing me down, so I've returned to just plain water as my consumption...some coffee, maybe iced tea, but putting the flavored waters on hold for a week or so till I figure this out.

Blessings,

Diane
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Personally i count only water (just cuz I drink so much) but I would NOT could anything caffienated. (Caffiene has minor dehydrating effects, so to me, it seems counter the purpose). But herbal teas or crystal light I would count.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I think it's better to just count plain water. I add lemon slices to mine. You can add almost any kind of fruit you like or even a splash of cranberry which is really good too:) Drinking at least 8 glasses of water daily can make such a difference:) Good luck to you~
  • Queenprell03
    Options
    You have to be careful with the flavored waters, because if you look at the packaging. They may have zero calories, but they have sodium, sugars, and sometimes carbs. I drink them once and awhile if I have taste for a juice since I do not drink sodas. But just stick to plain water.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I count anything caffeine and calorie free toward my water intake. That being said, I do make sure to drink 6 glasses of plain water a day.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I only put straight water towards my water consumption. I mostly drink water but may have a unsweetened tea once in a great while.