I've been on for just under a month!

Options
I have been struggling with weight my entire life. During high school and early University I managed to loose quite a bit of weight, but it was mainly because all i was doing was smoking and drinking coffee. I have since quite smoking about four years ago, and I met th eman of my dreams. We moved in together, and I was sucked into the bad boy eating pit of doom! haha. He has a very very active job as a beer delivery man lifing heavy weight his entire day, I have a computer programming job that has me sitting on my *kitten* for 10 hours a day.

I am strong, and always have been, but the layer of fat just doesn't seem to go away. I go to the gym three times a week and I am training for a ten K run this summer. I am a HUGE horse lover and I ride three day s a week as well in training level dressage. My weight is holding me back from being a really successful rider though, I have two wedding coming soon, and a trip to Vegas, as well as my own wedding next year and I am desperate! to loose weight!

Food is my downfall for sure. and as I am a busy personal and I work 10 hours a day I don't seem to have enough time to make any food! usually by the time I get home from the gym my boyfriend and his friends are gathered around our TV with Pizza boxes sitting in front of them. ANy tips on snack foods and easy quick meals would be greatly appreciated!!

Well thats my deal!
:)

Replies

• Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Welcome! this site will be an EXTREMELY useful tool for you...i have been on for 2 months and have lost over 20 # logging my food and working out religiously...i have recently been FORCED to slow down due to a sprained ankle, but it hasnt stopped me...you will find plenty of us "horsey" ppl here....i myself own a tenn walker...feel free to add!
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome Autie!

I've got some ideas for quick and easy meals. For starters you could look into getting a George Foreman grill if you don't have one, my favorite quick meal has become a turkey burger on a whole grain bun with salsa and some wrinkle cut carrots. It takes only about 5 minutes to prepare and tastes great. Another idea is to take a meal replacement shake. I'm taking an awesome one right now but won't mention it because of the advertising policy(you can message me if interested). As far as snack foods, my favorite right now is a Special K meal bar, the chocolate chip is good. Another idea is to make your own lunchables. Get some deli meat, low fat cheese, and whole grain crackers.

This is a great site to help be accountable and to gain support when you need it. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support.

Good luck!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Biggest advice I can give to the busy... take a day to plan your meals out ahead of time for the week. Sit down with your food journal here on MFP and make a plan using it. You can always change it on any given day when you deviate from it, but with a plan in place it is easier to see what you can eat. Then shop off that plan and do any prep work ahead of time so when your busy day does happen, you have a quick solution. I'll buy meat ahead of time, portion it out and freeze it in bags, then the night before I plan to make it for dinner I pull it out and let it defrost in the fridge. I also make up snack packs for the week with my veggies already prepped so I can easily grab it. Its easier if its quick, but quick doesn't have to be unhealthy.
  • Autie27
    Autie27 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the ideas and encouragement! I have been trying really hard to make good decisions even if time is a bit tight. It's amazing how once you start to cook meals again how quickly they can be thrown together! I appreciate the comments!
    Thanks guys :)
  • Autie27
    Autie27 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yeah Horsey people! I'm riding a big ol thoroughbred appy cross named Beau! Love love love riding, but I know my balance would improve so much more if I could get off the extra pouds! what we won't do for our horses hahaha
  • invisiblerunner23
    Options
    Hello. I am also new to MFP, been on for a little over a week. I also ride a horse. He is a Tenn Walker/ Clydesdale named Louie. Once the weather gets better I will be riding him more then just the once a week for drill team practice. It is great exercise. If you want to add me as a friend you can. I need motivation. Yay for Horsey people!