Blondes that went brunette

Options
Dreamerlove
Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
I have not colored my hair in a year and 7 months! So this is my natural color (I say I'm a dirty blonde), BUT I want to go darker, I am VERY pale and terrified to dye it again bc it takes forever to grow out. I just want some kind of change because I am @ a halfway point to my goal. So my question is..blondes that went brunette...does it look good???

Replies

• ♥BETHANY♥
    Options
    I love my hair maroon and dark brown :) and im pretty pale
  • vintagedream
    Options
    very pale myself and i love red hair with a cool tone
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A few months after my son was born I went light brown and I really like it. I thought it made me look tan lol even though I wasnt tanning. I have always been blonde so I did miss it and I went back blonde six months or so later. You should try it, if you do not like it you can always dye it back
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on coloring it yourself or going to a salon? I went brunette last time, and I just told my hairdresser to make it as dark as she could and still look good with my skin tone. It turned out great! :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I was a blonde and it naturally got darker after my kids. It's kind of that dirty blonde now too. I go darker but with a few highlights on top and I love it! I'm very pale and I think it looks good, but I have to stick with the cool tones, no reds for me.

Find a pro and have it done, you won't be sorry.. I think I look sexier with darker hair!!! Just my opinion of course, my hubby doesn't really care what my hair looks like!
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I went dark brown but i looked to faded out. I was a brunette for a good 2 years. It took a while to get back to blonde but I think I have more fun as a blonde haha. For me, it just fits me better. I didn't like the way I looked as a brunette but I used box dye and it was cheap. Box dye is also extremely bad for your hair so I suggest going to a salon and getting it colored if you are going to . Aveda by far has to be the best salon I have went to. I say go for it! If you don't like it you can just change it back. Although it did take me a long time since the dye was so locked in my strands and I didn't want to do anything to drastic and damaging like stripping my hair to get the color out.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    If you plan on doing it yourself, try a semi permanent color. It just eventually fades out. I have been brunette (natural), really dark brunette, redhead, brunette again, blonde, brunette, blonde and now brunette. I haven't had any color since last summer although I'm itching to buy a box. I have not gone to a salon for any of those colors. The one time I asked for blonde highlights at a salon it bled through the foil and I walked out 60% blonde. I was mad. I bought a box of color, bleached the rest out and was blonde for a min. However, my roots grow way too fast so after 2 months of multiple touch ups, I went brown again. After the second time going blonde, I will never do it again. I don't think I'll ever do permanent again. I'm a HUGE fan of semi permanent color.