to anyone who has been 250 or higher in their life.

Options
do you have stretch marks?
because i have two friends one is 240 and 250
she doesn't have stretch marks
but he does.
and i was once 270 and i have them.
is this common?and is there a way to get rid of them?

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I have them from pregnancies. I am also a labor and delivery nurse so I have seen many large bellies. I believe it comes right down to genetics on whether or not you get them. I also have a super skinny friend who has them on her thighs from when she went through a growth spurt. Not an ounce of cellulite, but she has stretch marks. I do not think they will ever go away, but I think there are products that help reduce the look of them.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 255 and I had light ones,
    I actually got them when I was thinner and then gained quickly.
    Mine luckily have gone away :)
    My sis had them during her pregnancy and hers just went away too.
    Maybe that will happen for you?
    Good luck :)
  • crysmiss86
    crysmiss86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my stomach from getting heavy too fast. I agree that it is genetics. My brother has them on his arms/chest from gaining too much muscle too fast.
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    do you have stretch marks?
    because i have two friends one is 240 and 250
    she doesn't have stretch marks
    but he does.
    and i was once 270 and i have them.
    is this common?and is there a way to get rid of them?

I recommend Avon's Solutions Stretchmark 24 Line Reducing Treatment. My sister in law (who had two kids and is pregnant with her third, swears by it. She calls it a miracle cream. (if you want to purchase it, I sell Avon you can go to www.youravon.com/BrittaOConnell and put in the name of the product and it will show up!)
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    theres this stuff called bio oil in the uk that apraently helps take the edge off the look of stretchmarks.I havent tried it as its around 8 quid a bottle but aparently is worth it
  • as1789
    as1789 Posts: 46
    Options
    I've never been 250, but I've had them since i was a chubby little kid. They fade over time. Some people can prevent them from using cocoa butter lotion.
  • xLaurenex
    xLaurenex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was 301 pounds at my heaviest, I have stretchmarks, I am now 202 pounds and I still have them, they have faded and a lot less noticeable.
    My sister is pregnant, and she is using palmers cocoa butter to try and stave them off.
    Personally, I have found that if you already have them, theres not a lot you can do to get rid of them.
  • hoffman02
    Options
    Stretch marks are different for every person. Unfortunately, it depends a lot on genetics. Some people, usually those with fairer skin, will get stretch marks very easily while others don't. It's not fair, but that's the way it is. I'm really fair skinned and have a lot of stretch marks (even more now since I just had a baby 4 months ago). At this point in my life I don't care. They are something I can cover with clothing. I'll never wear a two piece bathing suit, even when I get to my goal weight, so it doesn't matter that much to me. I just want to be able to move and be healthy for my son.

That's probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's the way it is. The nice thing is stretch marks usually fade over time from a bright red to a pale pink (again if you are fair skinned), but the stretched out, irregular look of the skin remains. I think surgery is the only real way to eliminate the stretch marks simply because it removes that section of stretched out skin.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks under my pecs. I figure I must have pushed myself one too many times when I was younger.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I have had stretch marks for as long as I can remember. I really don't even think about them anymore. They are just THERE and there is nothing I can do about it. :indifferent:
  • pretentiouskate
    Options
    I have them - all over! On my stomach, my thighs, the backs of my knees, my upper arms - even little vertical ones on my rib cage under my boobs. Quickly gaining weight is my guess. Never been pregnant, weight has gone from 130 (16 years old) - 250 (18 years old) - 150(21 years old) - 210(27 years old).

I have a friend who had massive stretch marks after having her daughter - she honestly embraced them and just took them as a sign of motherhood/her body's natural functions ... Harder to take it as something like that if they aren't from pregnancy, but I try to look at mine as kind of a road map of where I've been and what I've done.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    I Have Always Had Them Too.
    When I Started Losing Weight I Noticed That They Faded.
    So Maybe When Your Down To YOur Gaol Weight They Will Have Faded All The Way.
    Thats What Im Hoping For!