gutted Subway sandwich?

Options
lorinjer
lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
Going to Subway for dinner and I will be asking them or doing it myself to gut the bread part of my sandwich. Basically leaving just the crust. How can I figure that in my food count?

Thanks

Replies

• darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Best bet would be an estimate...look at how many calories the bread is by itself, and if it were me...just leaving the crust...I'd cut that in half. You may have to enter it in as quick calories or make your own "meal" to get an accurate count on your day. Hope that helps some!
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Maybe count it as 1/2 the roll? Or less? That's my best guess.
  • SpencerR
    SpencerR Posts: 37
    Options
    I'd b more worried about the sodium content and the prosseced meat....... Also I wouldn't get bigger than a 6 inch with 6g of fat or less. If u do that u don't have to worry about the bread
  • SpencerR
    SpencerR Posts: 37
    Options
    I'd b more worried about the sodium content and the prosseced meat....... Also I wouldn't get bigger than a 6 inch with 6g of fat or less. If u do that u don't have to worry about the bread
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bread doesnt have that many cals for 6inch so I would maybe take 75 off. Or try their flatbread! Its thin and would be comparable to just the shell like you are wanting. Im sure they would be more than happy to tell you how many cals are in a loaf and just subtract 1/3 for the "stuffing" Its going to be pretty close I would assume :)
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    guess I should of said that I'm not worried about calorie amount but more carbs and sodium.....
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    y not just get the flatbread?
  • jaysp87
    jaysp87 Posts: 32
    Options
    They also have wraps. Or a salad.

But unless you are really close to going over carbs today then I wouldn't worry about it. Just get a 6 inch. And careful on the adding condiments and cheese. If you are doing a meat sandwich you can skip the cheese. If you are just doing the veggie sandwich add cheese.

But if you really want to gut it, I would be on the "safe side" and just cut the amount in half for the bread count. I always over estimate my calories and what not if I am unsure.
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat carbs are good for you. Not as much sodium in the bread as there would be lunchmeat unless you go veggie.
  • jaysp87
    jaysp87 Posts: 32
    Options
    guess I should of said that I'm not worried about calorie amount but more carbs and sodium.....

Avoid turkey and ham. Their website has the sodium count for everything and they are HIGH. I believe ham was less than turkey but not by much.

The best bet to avoid sodium is just do a veggie sub with cheese. There is still sodium but not nearly as much as in the deli meat.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    I bet they have scales - ask them to weight it before and after. Then you could use the following formula:

calories after gutting = calories before gutting * weight after gutting / weight before gutting