Losing Motivation and I'm just tired

Options
I'm tired of counting my calories, I'm tired of planning my meals. My body is just tired, exhausted from exercising everyday and burning more than 4000 sometimes 5000 calories from exercise a week, to only basically look the same, lose only 1 lb a week and not have anyone even notice because it's such a gradual change.

I'm losing weight and inches very slowly and I'm losing patience and motivation. Sorry I'm just venting!

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Slow down on your working out then.. Simply workout every other day for 1 hr. You've got major burn out syndrome..Take some time off and jump back on the wagon and start afreash...You are entitled to do so...Your worth the effort to make it work...Good Luck..
  • jsjlandy
    jsjlandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's a healthy amount to lose each week! Try not to get down on yourself. It's a lot of hard work for a reward that's barely noticeable. If you change your good (although time consuming and tiring) habits now, you may undo all your hard work and take a few steps back.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should get a check up from your Doctor, complete with blood work to rule out any underlying causes of not being able to lose weight......... aka PCOS, or Thyroid issues

May I ask, how much weight do you need to lose? If it is not very much, then your weight loss is going to be way lesser than those of us that have a lot to lose.
  • rachyrach1234
    Options
    eat a handfull of peanuts every hour....and you will LOSE WEIGHT trust me
    keep your metabolism going all day
  • DeziVonDoom
    DeziVonDoom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dont give up. Make sure you are eating enough calories! If you dont, your body wont let the weight go. Ive been having the same problem and went to Max Muscle.. The lady there helped me find my true body fat % and how many calories i need based on my workouts. Then, she sat down with me and broke down the calories, protein, and carbs I need to focus on in every meal. See if they have one close to you.. its free and its worth it. They dont push their products on you, but if you ask, they will give you free samples of anything they carry.

You can do it! ;)
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I totally hear you. I basically am you, lol. I went on vacation for a few days, and I feel like all my motivation to keep working as hard as I was is now gone; I left it at the beach.
    I'll head to the gym if you do!
  • mkskippy24
    Options
    Just know you are not alone!

I've only been eating right and exercising for 5weeks now, but I too have not lost weight. Sure, I measured my waist, and have lost 5 inches...... but it can be really frustrating when we look at pounds lost.

But, really what we're doing is a lifestyle change. Eventually we can be more flexible, but don't lose faith in that it will all work out. And there are so many people here going through the same thing..... and watching them continue to push forward motivates me to keep going, even when it looks the darkest!

Just remember, DON'T give up!! Keep going.... all the best things in life take time. You'll be glad you did!
  • pisceanangel
    Options
    Make sure you have a rest day (and cheat day) a week! Otherwise it's maddening! Cheer up!
  • rminenno
    rminenno Posts: 5
    Options
    I was just about to come on and post the same thing when I saw your post. This has been by far the hardest week for me in the 11 weeks that I have been on my weight loss journey. I agree, it's such a gradual change and all the exercise. Some days it seems all for nothing. But, I figure we are all bound to have one bad week here and there where the motivation isn't there, and then we just have to pick ourselves back up and get back into it. Good Luck! You've lost something and that is better than nothing. Stay Positive!

4059538.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • clau35
    clau35 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Sometimes, for some, when we lose weight so fast and too much, it tends to slow down the process. Also, many times, it is not how many calories you eat a day but what kind of food you eat. Maybe it is time to change your diet. I would really encourage you to keep exercising. do not overdo it, that does not work either. Maybe you can find some fun classes to join to keep your mind out of the stress you feel now. Attitude it is very important, so really, lets try to make this work. In my opinion, taking a break would be a mistake. Think that as long that the scale goes done is good!!! :)
    Clau
  • krissy_pooo
    krissy_pooo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i just started with a trainer who told me i work out WAY TOO much! he said when you work out, it should be very high intensity, and for no more than an hour at a time. and NOT 6 or 7 days a week... I know it's hard to accept, and it was for me too because I thought if I want to lose the weight, I have to work out as hard as possible! but he told me that if you are over working your body you are releasing the hormone called cortisol- which is a stress hormone- and it will lower your immune system, make u super sluggish (that explains your being tired all the time; that was me too), and will actually stop you from losing weight. so take some days off lady! only work out 4 times a week... 5 MAX! and just make them worth it! taking rests is what will benefit us the most, that's what i've learned :)
  • CourtneyHiatt
    Options
    I've been going through the same thing lately, I'm hoping it'll pass soon. It won't hurt you if you take a day or two off, if you feel you need to chill out then I say go ahead and do so! To keep myself going though, I always think about how happy I will be when I reach my goal and can start maintaining. You just have to push through the bad thoughts and focus on the positive. It'll be worth it in the long run. Keep your head up, losing a pound a week is fantastic!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It is helpful to your body and your spirit to take a rest day each week. I noticed you don't really do this. A rest day is no dvds, no gym, no running. Rest. Feel free to go for a short, slow walk, but focus on resting.

You are doing really well, and I hope your motivation sticks with you!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Everyone goes through this. My suggestion is change your exercise. Shake it up a bit and do sopmething fun so it doesn't feel like work. I discovered dance central for kinect, lots of people love Zumba. Or try new foods. Go to hungrygirl.com, there are great meal ideas there. Stay strong, this isn't suppose to be easy.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have logged for the past 140 days (5 months on the 24th). I have only lost 10lbs. I had a week with a 3lb drop. I have barely any inches lost. I do see a little bit of difference in my body toning up.

I have read from fitness experts that the max amount of cardio you should do is 40mins. You can shorten it to 15mins if you do the high intensity training. You do need ONE full day of rest a week.

Right now I do strength training with free weights MWF. I HATE cardio of all sorts with a passion. I'm trying to do at least some. I try for Tues/Thur for 15-30 minutes for 3.2 mph.
  • loriefolk
    loriefolk Posts: 352
    Options
    Make sure you have a rest day (and cheat day) a week! Otherwise it's maddening! Cheer up!

*Like*
  • Higglyjiggly64
    Options
    Reading through these posts explains a lot! I joined 3.5 weeks ago. The first week I did simple exercises. Sit-ups, stretches, modified push-ups and a few others. I ramped up my walking speed when I walked the dog. Dropped 5 lbs in the first week. Kept all my days in the "under calorie goal". By week two, I was TIRED! I also didn't lose any weight, not even a half a pound. Hubby said give your body a break and rest a couple of days. I also had a couple of days of being over my calorie goal. Suddenly, I felt back on track, I bought the 30 day shred, exercised like a fiend and dropped 3 lbs for my third week. But here I am tired again. So, btwn what I've learned, what I've read here, I guess I'm gonna kick back today and chill.
  • Amber_2005
    Amber_2005 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are working out too hard! I would maybe just do every other day! I'm sure that would also help your knee too.
  • fabdivac
    fabdivac Posts: 11
    Options
    its good to know others feel the same, I just started this calorie counting thing and I don't know if its worth while, but I will continue until I see results. So just hang in there. Victory is yours!
  • jleegirl
    jleegirl Posts: 44
    Options
    Maybe you are working out too hard! I would maybe just do every other day! I'm sure that would also help your knee too.

It looks like you're losing around 10 lbs a month, which is what I'm hoping to do. What's your workout routine? Are you counting calories with MFP? Congrats on your success!