I'm New! :)

Options
Hi, I'm Kristen.
I've tried losing weight before, but I've always lost motivation along the way.
Hopefully, I can stay with losing this time around with MFP!
I'm looking to lose around 65 pounds overall.
I'm already starting to see small results, I got a gym membership about three weeks ago.
I have a few problems with food, but I'm trying to cut down.
So, I guess I'm looking for some friends to keep me motivated, and me to motivate!
I've took a look around the boards, and everyone seems to be really nice! :smile:

Replies

• jrm29
    jrm29 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hey Kristen! Welcome to the site :) The motivation and encouragement from community members here makes such a difference, and it's especially helped me to connect to people around our age who are generally going through the same things and facing the same challenges. Feel free to friend me! Good luck! :)
  • Krissy_breann
    Options
    Thanks! I feel like it will make a difference and keep me motivated b/c before I had no idea how many calories I was consuming and this website makes it so easy to keep track.
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Hey!!! Best of luck in your journey. Feel free to add me and I'll introduce you to my wonderful friends. It really helps to hear positive feedback when you finish logging in. The community is a lovely thing.

Stay focused on the Objective!!!
  • Krissy_breann
    Options
    Thank you! I am sure I will stay focused this time around with the right motivation. The more the better, right? Ha!
  • nicholebrock
    Options
    hey kirsty, im new too keep your mine on the prize it take discipline i gain weight every year and then when summer comes i have to lose 30lbs maybe this year i will try to have some more discipline and not be a yoyo dieter
  • Krissy_breann
    Options
    Aw, good for you! I've always been a little chubby, even as a little kid, but these last two years I've put on probably 35 pounds or so! I'm just sort of sick of it, and I'd much rather be healthier. I'm sure we'll both gain some disipline from this site. :smile: