confused about veggies and fruit

Options
is it okay to eat as much veggies and fruit as a want? im on a 1200 cal diet. ive been pretty good. ive never once gone over in 4 days. i just started using my fitnesspal so this is all new to me. any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• wannabefit23
    Options
    bump
  • Alice37
    Alice37 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi
    I'm new too & on 1200 calories. I add everything into my diary, including fruit & veg. For example, I ate celery earlier which had only a couple of calories, but the apple I ate came up as 80 calories, so I'm guessing it's best to include it as part of my day's allowance...
    Not sure if that helps! Good luck with your weight loss.
    Alice :-)
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat lots of fruit and veggies! But include it into your journal...its not just about the calories but the nutrients/carbs/fiber etc. Veggies and fruit will be great when it comes to consuming nice portions, feeling fuller, and getting good fiber to keep you regular but some fruits--such as avacado for example--can be high in cals. However its great for you--full of good fat and fiber (once again!). So eat up but count it.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I include everything in my journal, however i don't take going over on calories with strawberries or peas as i do hot cheetohs or ice cream cones, but it all counts!
  • wannabefit23
    Options
    thank you for the reply! yes i do log EVERYTHING LOL. im going shoppingn soon today so im making my list
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    While some foods are nutritionally better for you, for example veggies over cheetos, it is because of the fiber, vitamins and all the rest. As far as calories are concerned, a calorie is a calorie. You should strive to stay at you calorie budget for the day. If you want to eat more, exercise more or raise your calories choosing to lose weight slower.
  • wannabefit23
    Options
    thank you! =]