A diet state of mind

BombolinaM
BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
I am back....I started MFP in in 08. I ended up losing 31 lbs. Well as you might have guessed I gained it back. Thank goodness not anymore than that. So I woke up today and said today is the day. I am sick of being overweight, tired, achy, depressed and having no eneregy!

I am ready to start this journey and succeed. I can't wait to have that feeling of success when my clothes are getting loose and people can tell when I am losing the weight. I came back to MFP because everyone is so supportive and helpful. Any tips of getting over the 1st week would be so helpful. I obviously haven't been watching my eating habits. So to get back down to 1250 calories a day is going to be a change but I know the first week is rough. Thanks for taking the time to read my post....Cheers to success!

Replies

• GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    You can do it! Change your mindset...it's a lifestyle change...not a temporary diet. Good luck! You were successful once so I'm sure you'll be successful again! The challenge this time will be to keep it off. You can do it! :smile:
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    All the best, and well done for coming back to MFP. You obviously had success before and know how great that feels, time to go do it again!
  • lmkdog
    lmkdog Posts: 4
    Welcome back and good luck. I went from 300lbs to 220 and running half marathons and 100 mile bike races and now back to when I started here 264lbs. Its so easy to for things to slip back to where you didn't want to be. But whats important is that your back and ready to take your life back. Stay strong sister.
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    I always think to the future of when I DO reach my goal weight, and wonder how I will maintain it. I have decided that I will log my food basically my whole life in order to stay fit. Maybe this time focus on the long term more than the short term. I know it is helping me get through the anxiety of gaining the weight back down the line.

Hope that helps!

And welcome back!
  • Awesome, love your motivation. Best of success on your journey!
  • BombolinaM
    Thank you for the support. I feel this time I can do it.
  • BombolinaM
    You can do it! Change your mindset...it's a lifestyle change...not a temporary diet. Good luck! You were successful once so I'm sure you'll be successful again! The challenge this time will be to keep it off. You can do it! :smile:

That's so true..It is a lifestyle change. I feel better when I eat better. No junk....
This discussion has been closed.