Metablic Typing Diet

Options
Is anyone using a metabolic typing diet?

I used an online program to analyze my "type" and give me all these recommendations for the diet right for my physiology. I have almost no fruits on my preferred list, no milk, no soy, and many of my favorite vegetables are out too. The worst part, no cocoa!

I am going to try to follow it carefully for about 2 weeks, then I am going to start adding back in foods I love, and track how it makes me feel. I hope it breaks my sweets cravings, and improves my chronic fatigue.

How is it working for you? What have you found helpful, or hurtful, about the changes and progression? Have you found it easy to tell what foods to stay away from? I just want to know how it's going.
TIA!

Replies

• antwanjr2
    Options
    What is the website your using...I need to find out my type??
  • alliej
    alliej Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have not done it but would love to check out site!
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    I am reading the book, and investigated several sites before deciding that Health Excel seemed to be the company with the most experience in the area. It costs $39.95 to do the analysis, but you get a good bit of information from them. They recommend supplements also, but the ones they sell are way to pricey, so I found equivalent products from my own favorite supplement company. It is possible to do the test in the book and then follow the diet it recommends, adding in new foods slowly, but I wanted a more comprehensive plan, and compared to an appointment with a nutritionist, $39.95 isn't really much. I think the first 7-10 days are going to be really hard, but then I think it will be easier as I get past cravings and start to feel more energy. Right now the hard part is eating more fat than I have been since I started dieting back in September. It will be interesting to see if that effects my weight loss, which has been pretty good since the first of the year.

Please, anyone with more experience with this program, I really want to hear your experiences!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    chronic fatigue is usually helped with spinach, broccoli and mushrooms. The vit B, D and iron should help tremendously with the fatigue, also very important to get the correct amount of protein into you first thing in the morning, I recommend 30g but that would depend on your diet. I make a 4 egg omelet 2 whole, 2 egg whites, with spinach, mushrooms, top with salsa if you do not like eggs. I also recommend getting 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp honey into you each day, they will kill off any unhealthy bacteria in the stomach. Add some to your coffee if you drink it.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    Bump to hear from anyone who has done a metabolic typing diet.