Shirataki tofu noodles anyone???

Options
Hey all!

Anyone ever try shirataki tofu noodles? I really want to but if they are nasty, then I will just stick to dreamfields pasta. I figure if I can save on calories from pasta then I will, since I could probably eat pasta 24/7....lol!

Jax

Replies

• nedasdaughter
    nedasdaughter Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have tried them...they are really watery. Hungry Girl uses them and she drains them and pats them dry, microwaves them for one minute then pats them dry again before heating them for an additional minute. This process was completely necessary. I eat them regularly.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I have some in my fridge right now! Glad to know that's what I need to do! Thanks.
  • sweetie89207
    Options
    i eat them sometimes...i mean they are not great on taste but that can b improved by what u put on them...i too use hungry girls recipes and they are good...some ppl cant stand the texture but if that doesnt bother u... a whole bag of noodles for 40 calories cant get better than that!!!
  • jax5103
    jax5103 Posts: 19
    Options
    So.....are they as filling are regular pasta??? And where did you get them? Online? Natural food store?
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM!! They are a great ramen replacement!
  • jsjlandy
    jsjlandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've tried the hungry girlfredo with the noodles. I went above and beyond heating/squeezing the liquid out of them and they were still a consistency I couldn't quite enjoy. They're pretty rubbery, nothing like real pasta. They don't taste bad at all as long as you rinse them well. For me, it was just a consistency thing. I'd like to hear other recipes people enjoy using them as I still have a bag:)
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I recently tried them. I used the Hungry Girl recipe for Alfredo. It only called for the noodles, fat free cream cheese and grated parmasan.

It was alot of work preparing the noodles, You need to rinse them several times, and then pat them dry like the previous person commented.

It was okay, I wouldn't rush to make it again

I bought them at Winn Dixie in the organic refrigerated section.
  • jsjlandy
    jsjlandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So.....are they as filling are regular pasta??? And where did you get them? Online? Natural food store?

I found them in the cooler where natural foods/organic/tofu is kept at my grocery store. They were only $1.99 a package and a package is usually a serving for 40 cals. I thought they were just as filling as regular pasta but I didn't feel stuffed after eating.