Shaving My Head For Leukaemia Today

Options
March 10 - 12 is the annual World's Greatest Shave.

Today is my 29th Birthday and I am shaving my head to help raise money for the Leukaemia Foundation to help families affected by leukaemia and other blood disorders like lymphomas and myeloma.

if anyone is interested or knows someone who may be interested in sponsoring me please follow this link :)

http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/sandramay

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My father-in-law was diagnosed with leukemia last week. It has been a devastating diagnosis for the family.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have a rare red blood disorder.
    When I went thru cemo I lost most all my hair and it did grow back in time
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Thats soo great of you too do!! Very proud!!
  • orchid100
    orchid100 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My friends child is now well after suffering from leukaemia at 5 years old!! Thanks to people like you they have discovered enough about treatments to give them hope and to give a beautiful wee lass a future ...

Well done to you and all the other fundraisers ....

Tracey :) x
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    Fortunately I know of no one in my family who has had leukaemia. I certainly have relatives and friends that have died or survived cancer.

I am doing this because I can. It's a great cause, and well worth the effort because every little dollar raised helps, if even in a minuscule way. Plus I want to know what I'll look like with no hair! probably will look like my father. hahaha.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    you rock!!!!! its a very selfless act!!! It shows strength and character. A very very very very good friend of mine's husband is in remission with it. i am running a half marathon in two weeks for it
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    That's amazing :wink:

I love people who make the effort to help people in this world!!

Go You! :wink:
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    well. I did it. I shaved my head.

Haven't made my $500 goal. but you know. any money is better than no money :)

see profile picture for the result. haha. :)
  • hanna541
    hanna541 Posts: 32
    Options
    SORRY TO ASK BUT IS IT TRUE U GET THAT FOR NOT EATING RIGHT??? WHAT R THE SYMPTHOMS??