Chinese Broccoli

Options
I love the broccoli they serve in the chinese restaurants, sometimes I get in alone or with beef, shrimp or chicken. Does anyone have a recipe for chinese broccoli they can share?

Replies

• SunnyJiggy
    Options
    Chinese restaurant where I live serve chinese broccoli with housin sauce. Real easy just boiled water and pinch of salt put chinese broccoli in boiling water until the color change ( I would say 2 min.) drain and serve with housin sauce.
    I hope that 's work for you.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I make a Chinese broccoli Americanized. lol. I steam broccoli and add Franks Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce to it. A little goes a long way. Its a bit heated, but even my 3 year old daughter loves it.
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    thanks, it does have a brown sauce, not sure if it's hoisin sauce but U'll try it thanks,
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Blanch the broccoli. Heat pan with a little oil to brown garlic, if preferred. Add broccoli and a tbs or 2 of oyster sauce. Sounds weird, but really good. It's sold in the regular grocery store in the Asian foods section. I like blanching the broccoli first cuz the water dilutes the oyster sauce and also adds a sauce if you like to put it over your rice. Dang...I'm hungry.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    chinese restaurants do use oyster sauce for chinese broccoli. oyster sauce takes some getting used to - i'm chinese and even i don't like it very much. ;P hoisin sauce would probably be a nice alternative. :)