Prolonging Engagement Photos.....

Options
So I need to schedule to take my engagment pictures and have not gotten to my goal of 140 for the pics. I get married in 4 months and time is a ticking. I seem to be toggling between 143 and 145. I don't know what to do and as of right now, I'm thinking of doing the Master Cleanse for about 10 days, but don't want the knee-jerk reaction of gaining the weight back because it was an unhealthy way or unrealistic way to loose it. Any thoughts?

Replies

• quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I would just go ahead and do them! Would a 3 lb difference be so noticeable in your pictures?
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    :wink: How much different are you going to look if you lose 3 more pounds? Go get your pictures taken, Girl!
  • appleofmyeye
    Options
    If it were me, I would go ahead and schedule those pictures! In the big scheme of things, the difference between 140 and 143-145 isn't that much, and it is much more about how you look and feel than it is about the number on the scale. And you look beautiful!
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I would just go ahead and do them! Would a 3 lb difference be so noticeable in your pictures?

This!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    With all of the crazyness that comes with the final countdown to your wedding, the last thing you need to worry about is that 3 pounds in your way. Get that bride confidence flowing and enjoy your engagement photo session! Your big day will be here before you know it and you're going to be radiant.
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    I agree...go get them done! Seriously, a few lbs is not going to make a difference!
  • Capucine72
    Options
    Go get the pictures taken. One less stress to think about. A few pounds will not show.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    try to eat very little salt work out 15 to 20 min longer and in 4 to 6 days you should be there. no salt diet soda you can drop or gain 3 lbs of water very quick. but realy 3lbs will not make you look alot better so go get them done
  • Capucine72
    Options
    Congrats by the way.:drinker:
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    If this really bothers you that much then ask for just head shots. But in reality like everyone else has said 3 to 5lbs will be almost unknoticable. You could always wear Spanx if that would make you feel better.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Eat very low carb for a few days.
  • kimmiehale
    Options
    Schedule your pictures and go buy a body slimmer....it will make you look even slimmer...then finish losing the weight!! It will work!! Good lucK! and congratulations! :happy:
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Get them done girl!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Go get those photos done and when you get to a weight you are more comfortable at, do a Trash the Dress photo session :D
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Don't do a cleanse, it's too stressful on the body and the weight always comes back so you would just have to do what you need to do all over again. I am sure there are things you could do to make the scale read a few pounds lighter, but it won't be real fat loss. Get your pictures done!
    also, I had a fabulous time doing a "trash the dress" shoot. It was a year after my wedding and I got to put my dress on and do fun things.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, just do it. :smile: When I took my pictures I was at my heaviest weight but it wasn't noticeable in the pictures. So just wear something flattering and you will be fine, trust me!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Thanks everyone for posting a comment! I almost bailed out today on my photos cause everything was going crazy wrong, but we took them and hopefully they came out wonderfully!

Thanks again!
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    As a photographer, I can tell you, noone is going to notice those last few pounds but you. And you are way too hard on yourself, I promise. We all are. I'm glad you had them done! Any photographer worth the money would be able to capture you at your best possible, anyway.