Won the family biggest Loser

Options
Today was the weigh in for our family biggest loser. My wife, two daughters, another daughters boyfriend and myself. We all weighed in on January 1st and this was 10 weeks this morning. I won! 30.6 pounds in 10 weeks.

Doing a little celebrating today but back on it tomorrow. 27 more lbs. to my goal weight of 180.

I've had several people ask me whats working so here it is:

1. Work out a lot. :-)
2. Eat small meals several times a day.
3. Take an extra 5 minutes in the morning and make my lunch. Usually 2 small thin bread sandwiches. Eat one @ around 11:30 and another around 1:30. This has probably been the biggest thing. Used to eat out almost every day. Foot long subs, Panda Express, burgers whatever.
4. Plan your workouts on Sunday or Monday and find a group of people to work out with. We've been spinning on bicycle trainers and hopefully will finally be outside on the bikes this week. I've ridden over 500 "miles" indoors since Jan 1st.
5. When you're hungry - EAT! But eat something good, an apple, make a 200 calorie sandwich, whatever. I have yet to be hungry.
6. Try to get off the mindset of your "diet". This needs to be your new way of life or you'll just go back to your old weight when you're "done".
7. With #6 in mind. Don't miss out on the best occasions of life. If there's a family dinner. EAT! If there's birthday cake, eat some (maybe not the huge piece). Friends want to go have a few drinks, go for it. But always get right back to it the next morning and don't beat yourself up because you gained 2-3 pounds.

I sincerely hope to be looking back at this post a year from now, at my goal weight of 180 which by then I should have maintained for 7-8 months. If I can just remember what I'm "preach'in" it should be easy.

Good Luck to everyone else as they work to become their biggest loser!

Replies

• AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a wonderful experience you and your family had sharing this new journey!

I also agree with everything you gave as advice. Good luck on reaching your goal!
  • chubby1978
    Options
    Congrats! I also agree with all your advice. Thanks for sharing! ;)
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love this post! Beautifully said!!

And, definitely a BIG congratulations to you AND your family!! Excellent work, EXCELLENT RESULTS!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love the tips too!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great idea to do it as a family. My hubs and I are doing it together this time round and it definitely makes it so much easier. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!