my fellow tall women!

Options
I am almost 6'0 tall and feel the pressure to be 'tall and thin' instead of just 'tall'. (The pressure mostly comes from me).

:happy: Any other tall gals out there that can empathize?

Replies

• Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I soooo feel you! I'm 5'9 and I have this undying need to be tall and thin! Glad I'm not the only one...my family all thinks I'm crazy lol
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am right there with u hunny...I stand 6'2" and I am under so much pressure to be thinner, again, mostly from me, but I see the way people look at me, or when I go clothes shopping, how I feel after walking out with only shoes cuz nothing fit right. I am trying to get down to 150lbs, but i'm not too sure if that will be too skinny, or just average. I haven't been that weight since jr high and i wasn't this tall back then! Add me if u need support!!! I could use some too!
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm 6' barefoot and thought I don't look like I'm 289lbs, I feel it. And I feel more so the pressure to be thin.

Add me if you like, I could use some extra support. My first goal is to drop 100lbs, then another 50lbs that'll put me at 150 :)
  • strehlca88
    Options
    Yes, definitely! I'm 5'10 ish and my sister is 6'0... My sister plays tennis and so she is super skinny, and when I stand next to her, I look twice her size and only 2 inches shorter!! But, I do have to say, that being tall definitely helps hide the weight more! When I tell people what I weigh, they don't believe me! :)
  • LoveDLady
    LoveDLady Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10". And I hate it. I feel huge next to just about everyone. My husbands 6'2" but he's so lean, I'm even huge standing next to him. People tell me I'm so lucky because being tall makes you look thinner,,, that's bull! I'm not horribly overweight but feel like I need to lose so much so that I'm not bigger then all the cute, shorter girls. Oh the pressures of being a tall female.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    nope tall and curvy like a pin up is my goal lol having meat on my bones is nice couldn't be really thin, don't even think my body is built like that.
  • vballer21
    vballer21 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm 5'11'', I definitely think weight loss takes a way different course for us in general. The extra inches definitely helps to distribute the weight. Obviously lol I guess it can be a positive and a negative. Nobody ever believes my weight either! haha just curious, what are your guys' goal weights?
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    I feel the pressure too! 5'11 and wanting to be between 150-155....no one would ever guess I was as heavy as I am. Lucky for me my weight is distributed evenly :smile:
  • norrisjennie
    Options
    I would be happy being 150 again. I don't know if it's realistic or not, but shooting for it! 155 would make me ecstatic as well!
  • norrisjennie
    Options
    agreed!