New, could use some friends!!

Options
Hey,

Just started this the other day and I could really use some friends for motivation and support.

Kind of a wreck right now. My family and I went out to eat for my Dad's birthday tonight and I definitely gave in to temptation and prob ate more than my days allowance in one meal :cry: to add to that I've had a headache all day and the restaurant was so darn loud that it turned into a full on migraine. By the time we got back home I was so sick and threw up which upsets me even more because I used to be bulemic. So I'm in bed now after taking painkillers and whatnot and I'm just feeling very upset and defeated for today.

Could definitely use some encouraging words.

I know that I can do this the healthy way and pray to never have to battle with bulemia again, I just need to stay strong. But, it's easier said than done without a good support system.

Thanks to any and all of you who took the time to read this.

~Christine

5603738.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the overeating and frustration with that--I went to lunch with coworkers yesterday at a Chinese buffet that had almost no vegetables, so I ended up eating a lot of fried stuff and then had a headache from the MSG...and ate twice the normal amount of daily calories in that one lunch :(

And then I felt crummy from the overeating and headache so I did not work out last night after work.

I beat myself up about it for a few hours and then went to bed, got a good night's sleep, and started fresh today--both in habits and attitude. I have never been bulemic but I have friends who have been, and I can understand how being sick must have stressed you out. Just remember that it's only one day and you can start over tomorrow ;)

I am new here too. Feel free to add me as a friend. I think this site is great because we can give each other a lot of support.

~Ellen~
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Would be glad to add you as a friend. The community here is great, and I have a feeling you'll get quite a few requests soon.

The key thing is to not get too stressed about your intake. Try to get your exercise in when you can to make up for it.

The great thing is that just like exercise, your body can be tricked into optimization by having "cheat" days. Just consider this a cheat day and move on to tomorrow. Don't think about what you've had in the past... just look forward to tomorrow.

The most important aspect of this "journey" is that it is a marathon, rather than a sprint. It is not something you're going to accomplish overnight. You have to be patient with yourself and just use the diary every time you eat. It will help you figure out where you can do better.

I too hope you never have to go through bulimia again. Good luck, Christine! Hope your migraine goes away soon.
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who read, replied, messaged me and/or added me as a friend, it's greatly appreciated. Now I feel like crying again, but happy tears haha :smile: (I think the painkillers got to me a bit much...)

5603738.png
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Christine-

Believe me, we all have our bad days! Don't get too down on yourself, though. You already did the hardest part, which is to realize that you need to change something, and decided to do it the healthy way! So congrats on that!!
    I'll send you an invite so we can help motivate each other through our down days. =)

Becky
  • Krissy_breann
    Options
    Wow, even though I'm way younger I can relate so much! :( Cheer up, it'll be all right! That just means you'll need to hit the gym extra hard the next time you go. Every meal I've ate today has been fast food because I went to the city and I'm in the -700s right now, ha!
    I'll send a invite, I've really been needing some modivation, also!
  • Life0nMars86
    Life0nMars86 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to sleep!!! ackkk :grumble: Headache got worse again, don't really have enough prescription pain meds left to use up now (only 2 left and I know I'll need those for when it's full on migraine again) so just took a few advil for now instead...praying it helps, I don't wanna feel like this all day...going to go try my best to get as much sleep or at least rest that I can for now :yawn:

Talk to you all later on, keep up the great work everyone, hopefully you'll have a great day!!!

~ Christine

5603738.png
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    u can add me i am fairly new, come on u can do it
  • elizwelshman
    Options
    Tomorrow is always another day to start over again so don't be upset and feel defeated. Hope you feel better!!:flowerforyou: