Just starting today

jean1955
jean1955 Posts: 2
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Done all the diets before, at least this one is free.
Got a mammouth ammount of weight to lose, I will give it a go, probably give up after a bit, that is what usally happens, we shall see.

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    come on u can do it, gd luck:smile:
  • suzie67
    suzie67 Posts: 2
    Remember that even a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - and you have just taken that first step today.

Don't think of this venture as a "diet" but as a lifestyle change, then you might feel more positive about the new regime.

Good luck!
  • em_lou007
    em_lou007 Posts: 117
    Remember that even a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - and you have just taken that first step today.

Don't think of this venture as a "diet" but as a lifestyle change, then you might feel more positive about the new regime.

Good luck!

Hiya!! Congratulations on taking the first step!!

I agree with suzie67 - remember that this is different from everything else - don't be afraid to explore the site and ask for help as and when you need it!

I have made some fantastic friends on here that really do keep me motivated, and I have posted some topics and got wonderful responses back

Good luck xx
  • jean1955
    jean1955 Posts: 2
    Thank you all for your encouragements.... I am going out for sunday lunch today, how do you work out portion sizes?
  • :glasses: I want to thank Nicole for introducing me to this website. This is a great way for me to keep track of myself!! Everyone Good Luck!!!
  • suzie67
    suzie67 Posts: 2
    As a quick fix, why don't you write a "practice Sunday lunch" in the tracker and adapt the quantities until your whole meal is both nutritionally balanced as well as less than half your daily calorific allowance?

I sometimes write up my planned evening meal before I cook it, then adapt the ingredients so that I don't go over the daily allocation of fats, carbs or calories.
  • GorgeousMa
    GorgeousMa Posts: 34 Member
    Good Morning, Are incorperating Exersize in your diet? Also if you go out for lunch, eat half and save the other for dinner or lunch tomorrow.

If you are worried about overeating have an apple or something small to eat before you go so you dont over indulge. Also look up the place you are going to eat at before hand and see what you would like to have that doesnt have too many calories.

I have started eating Flaxseed daily w/ my breakfast lunch ect. No more than 2 tablespoons a day tho. It helps keep you full longer and really has great benefits....Google it and check it out.

Good luck im here if you need somone to talk to

And dont go in it w/ a bad attitude thinkin your gonna fail its only a matter of time! You can do it, just stay focused and even if you fall off the wagon get back up again! We all have done it!
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    IMO, diets are NOT the way to go-- sensible eating and exercise are, since you can sustain them.

Good luck and feel free to friend me!

Debbie
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    I think after awhile with a calorie counter, you just get an idea in your head of how many calories things are. It helps me to have the app on my phone (if that's possible).

I'm going to a brunch today with some friends which will be a struggle but I think i'll stick to proteins ( a couple of eggs maybe and a slice of bacon) and try not to eat pastries. Good luck!

Debbie
This discussion has been closed.