Water consumption

Options
Ok so this is going to make me look daft, but............................

are tea and coffee included in the daily water intake?

Hope some one can help

Replies

• jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    To me water is water and everything else is something else. But there's water in fruit and lots of foods, drinks without caffeine can count and some drinks count some with the caffeine. I think it just get crazy to try and figure it out soooooooooooooo I want to improve my health! a great way to do that is to drink more water!! so I'll try to do that Track and drink more water the rest I'm not worried about.
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    good question... I count black tea without sugar, and water (hot or cold) with a slice of lemon.

I don't count juice.
  • smithalcutie
    smithalcutie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i only count water
  • cookiegeorge
    Options
    I only count water. Diet green tea is 0 calories, not sure if that counts as water, but I post it to the meal I drink it with.
    565005.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • frannyannemum
    Options
    I count squash as it is diluted with water and I don't really drink anything else!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Because tea and coffee dehydrate the body, I only count water and I normally try to up it a bit when I have lots of them. They are of course better than sodas ;) Good luck!
  • jennyfoxx
    jennyfoxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I found a helpful article for you @ BBC Health: Fluids: Hopefully it helps.

How much water do we need?

The body gets its fluid from three sources:

* Drinks, either plain water or as part of other beverages including tea, coffee and squash
    * Solid foods, especially fruit and vegetables (even foods such as bread and cheese provide small amounts of fluid)
    * As a by-product of chemical reactions within the body

Most healthy adults need between one and a half to three litres a day, so aim to drink six to eight medium glasses of fluid daily. Beverages such as tea, coffee and fruit juices count towards fluid intake, and may bring with them other nutrients or benefits.

You may require more fluid if you're very physically active or during periods of hot weather.

You can judge whether you're drinking enough by the colour of your urine. If it's a pale straw colour then your fluid intake is probably fine. If your urine is dark yellow, you probably need to drink more.