Breaking through a plateau...

Options
Been stuck at 174 - 175 for what seems like forever! :) Any suggestions on how to break through a plateau? ...Anybody have any success with calorie cycling/zigzagging?

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Me too! Bump!
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I upped the exercise and drank more water. I don't intentionally do calorie cycling. I just eat a little more when events come up and then eat a little less in the days following but I don't go under 1200 unless I'm really ill for some reason.

Took me almost 3 weeks to break this last plateau. It was not fun. I'd been stuck there before in my life so I was expecting it but it was disheartening. I'm on my way again though! Best of luck to you!
  • swbmcknight
    Options
    I've noticed that when I give myself a more relaxed day to eat, not going crazy ast a chinese buffet or anything...But just a day where I eat healthy stuff without counting and measuring everything, I will get past that "stuck" weight. Plus it's nice to have a day off from strict monitoring. I still find it hard to believe that somehow eating more calories will make you lose weight, but it does make sense that your body will see the extra calories and realize its okay for your metabolism to go back up some.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Nice post..THANKS!