Hey Hey Hey!

Options
Anise76
Anise76 Posts: 57 Member
So I finally got a bit shocked into deciding to shift the excess weight that has been bugging me for almost 6 years now. Downloaded MyFitnessPal onto my Android, and decided to give it a shot. Been at it for 5 days or so now, and I'm finding it easier than I thought I would!

50lbs seems such a long way away now, though!

Replies

• kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Tracking your food and exercise is great on here. Enjoy!
  • frecklemouse3k
    Options
    Welcome. This site has been great with support and information. I find tracking the sugars, sodium etc. is really helpful.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Don't think about needing to lose 50lbs up-front. Just focus each day on making healthier eating choices & exercising. Take it one day & one pound at a time and you'll be at your goal weight in no time. MFP is a priceless tool!!! Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! 50 pounds may seem to be impossible @ times but I agree that you should take it 1 pound and 1 day @ a time. I'm sure that you didn't gain the 50 pounds in a short time, so you have to remember it will take some time. If you are honest with yourself & track everything, the weight WILL shed faster than you think.

It CAN be done. Just KEEP your faith & YOU WILL DO IT!

Best of luck to you & your weight loss goals!
  • Anise76
    Anise76 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

I shifted a load of weight a few years back - over 40lbs, in fact - and kept it off for two years, but then got a desk job, and being sat on my backside for 12 hours a day didn't help.

My main obstacle will be finding an exercise that I enjoy that can be slotted in around my odd work shifts. Last time, it was Tae Kwon Do, but now I work evenings and weekends, classes are hard to find!
  • davet165
    davet165 Posts: 13
    Options
    50 lbs does seem like quite a bit, but I'm sure it gets easier. and I love the android app too.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome!