Trying to stop too many things at once!!

Options
Okay, so here's why I'm nuts...:noway: I've taken anti depressants for the past three years for my anxiety. And I now I'm so over it. I still have panic attacks and now I'm just not too worried about anything. And I've put on 20 lbs...:cry: Also, I'm quitting smoking and I'm going on my fitness journey!!
All of these things make me hungry! And it's hard to feel good about myself when I eat too much. And knowing that I'm already fat makes it hard not to just go ahead and eat my love... FRENCH FRIES!!
I was okay for most of the morning. But then after lunch, I was really thirsty. And then I was starving!! It seemed like I'd never get enough to eat. And here I sit after going over my calories. It's so hard to control my cravings sometimes. During the day when my kids aren't here or my husband I don't know what to do with myself. So I eat. I'm used to just snacking. So now that I'm trying to change that, it's soooo hard! And when my kids get home from school they EAT! So it's seems like fun. That's awful to say but true. And the reason I tell all of you guys this stuff is b/c my husband would never get it. He tells me mind over matter. I probably should listen to him huh?:sad: Tomorrow is another day! I can do it. I hope.

Replies

• iKate5261
    Options
    Okay, so here's why I'm nuts...:noway: I've taken anti depressants for the past three years for my anxiety. And I now I'm so over it. I still have panic attacks and now I'm just not too worried about anything. And I've put on 20 lbs...:cry: Also, I'm quitting smoking and I'm going on my fitness journey!!
    All of these things make me hungry! And it's hard to feel good about myself when I eat too much. And knowing that I'm already fat makes it hard not to just go ahead and eat my love... FRENCH FRIES!!
    I was okay for most of the morning. But then after lunch, I was really thirsty. And then I was starving!! It seemed like I'd never get enough to eat. And here I sit after going over my calories. It's so hard to control my cravings sometimes. During the day when my kids aren't here or my husband I don't know what to do with myself. So I eat. I'm used to just snacking. So now that I'm trying to change that, it's soooo hard! And when my kids get home from school they EAT! So it's seems like fun. That's awful to say but true. And the reason I tell all of you guys this stuff is b/c my husband would never get it. He tells me mind over matter. I probably should listen to him huh?:sad: Tomorrow is another day! I can do it. I hope.
  • iKate5261
    Options
    You know even since I wrote this, I'm feeling much more positive. Sometimes, ya just gotta get it out. I appreciate all of you guys. The support on this site is awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better...and I love your screen name!
  • iKate5261
    Options
    :smile: Well thanks my dear. He is awesome! And instead of freaking out sometimes, I should just pray looking to Him for support. When will I learn? lol
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself ... Give it your best.

Try giving up one item at a time, instead of everything...I tried that and ended up doing worse then what I started, so far, I've cut - ice cream - chocolate - pasta - and juices from my diet.

You are right, He is AWESOME!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Have you tried changing your meals to 5-6 'mini meals' a day? That can make all the difference between wanting to binge but knowing you'll be eating again shortly so it's a thought.

It keeps the blood sugars leveled out (one BIG reason folks get hungry or think they are is there blood sugars are shooting all over the place when only eating 3 times a day), keeps the metabolism boosted and and lots of energy throughout the day.

Might want to experiment and give it a try... let us know if you do and how it's made a difference.:drinker:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    First, and above all, do NOT listen to anyone who tells you, "It's mind over matter". There are many reasons involved that can cause such problems as we are dealing with.

OK --Listen to your gut feelings, call it instincts, call it intuition, call it anything else, but don't treat yourself like it's mind over matter. My husband would hear me say I'm on a new effort to diet, then he would go out and buy me a sub sandwich, or ask me to go out to eat. Yes, he would encourage me with my new goals and do everything to sabotage my efforts, so he could watch me fail. Is it any wonder why I ended up on anxiety and other medications? oh, well, that's another story...maybe it's a book? Did you all ever feel like you could write a book of your life story?

ANYWAY, you are trying to stop too many things at one time. That doesn't mean you should stop trying, but you should at least realize what you are trying to accomplish and that it will take an appropriate amount of time too get there.

Thanx to Shorerider, who made me remember, this goes for all of us, it is not one smooth road from start to end of goal. We will all have our ups and downs along the way. Shorerider says it much better than I can.
    more L8R....
    greenbaum9
  • iKate5261
    Options
    Today has been a much better and brighter day. I've gotten over the urge to smoke. I'm good with that. And my meds have started to where off. It's making me very silly.:laugh: Which is weird because for the last couple of years it's made me very even across the board. I'm enjoying feeling- well feelings again. Good and bad.
    Thanks soooo very much for all of your support! I appreciate all of you!!:flowerforyou:
    One day at a time is good enough for me. I'm looking forward to today.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you're feeling better. It's always overwhelming when we try to fix everything all at once. Take it slow. You can do this!! Please don't be too hard on yourself, change is always hard!!:flowerforyou:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    Your son is a cutie! Just remembered one course I took. It was called...are y'all ready for this? "Problem Solving"!!!! How easy I forget... well, it was a while ago,.

I learned that the basic most fundamental idea of the whole course was this....."Break any problem, no matter how overwhelming it seems, into its smallest, single elements.":bigsmile:

Make a list of the elements, basic parts--if you will--, then put them in order of importance.:huh:

Then make a TO DO list, decide only what you want to get done for a certain period of time, say for today, and check off the items you get done.:smile:

You don't have to complete everything on the list, just save the unfinished business for the next "TO DO" list.:happy:

Sounds good :huh: ! It's a lot of work, but we're worth it. Besides, it is some quality time we should spend on ourselves:flowerforyou:

And, there are no rules, except the ones you make for yourself.

:heart: :heart: :heart: to you all

greenbaum9
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    food suggestions--try to substitute one food like french fries for a similar food but one that will be a better choice?

Eating less often--I went to another area of the apartment and started a hobby that kept my hands busy and kept me out of the kitchen; scrapbooking, making photo albums of my grandsons, crochet, etc.

greenbaum9
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    I am :happy: you are feeling better and having a better day today.
    :flowerforyou:
    greenbaum9