Metric equivalent of one cup of water?

Options
Hey,

I'm trying to get my water intake but not sure how much classes as one cup of water in metric?

Any help much appreciated

Replies

• hellsbells417
    hellsbells417 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A cup is about a quarter of a litre. Ideally you should be drinking around a litre and a half a day, if that helps. :)
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    1 cup = about 236.6 ml.

If you need to do quick conversions, just go to Google & type in "1 cup to ml" and it will figure it out for you.
  • hanni23
    hanni23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanx
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I'm in school studying Holistic Nutrition, and what I've learned it you should be drinking 2-2.5 liters of water a day, as this is equal to 8-9, 8oz glasses of water a day. And that is if you aren't working out. When we workout, we sweat, which is one of the many ways that our body loses water, so you need to drink more to keep your body hydrtated. If you don't properly hydrate through the day and are working out, you will likely find yourself with a headache, and then you might think that working out gives you a headache, when the headache is a result of dehydration.
    A cup is about a quarter of a litre. Ideally you should be drinking around a litre and a half a day, if that helps. :)