Would LOVE some weight loss buddys

Options
Hello Everyone, Im new here and trying to make some lifestyle changes. I lost 50 pounds recently and have gained back about 20. I still need to lose a total of about 40 pounds to get to my goal weight. Im trying to lose weight the healthy way this time and im actually going to the gym! Im also gonna attempt to quit smoking, with today being my first smoke free day. Any tips would be much appreciated. I think the thing thats hardest for me is when i slip up it becomes a downward spiral. Please request me as a buddy and lets encourage each other. Wising everyone much success and happiness!

Replies

• allypally9
    allypally9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Done :) welcome aboard!
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request. Nice to meet you!
  • addlice36
    addlice36 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello, when you have slip ups don't look @ it as failure because it's not. One thing I learn from doing weight watcher's if you slip up don't beat yourself up about it. Just start right back over the next day. Try not to look @ it as a diet, because I have come to realize diets don't work. Changing your LIFESTYLE does. You can do this look @ how far you have come. I don't smoke but I have been told when trying to stop chew a piece of gum. Not sure if chewing gum will help but give it a try if you haven't already done so. I Pray that you reach your weight lost goal & to all of us who is trying to lose the weight battle. We can do this
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    welcome! you are going to love it here :) the only advice i can give is dont weigh yourself everyday because it gets very discouraging. if you have a bad food/exercise day, dont beat yourself up over it....there is always tomorrow! dont think of this as a "diet". it is a lifestyle change. it is about learning to eat right and get enough exercise. dont compare your weight loss to others on here. i have a HUGE problem with that but just know that everyone is different and everyone will lose weight at different paces. if you dont lose one week, dont give up! there is a good chance the next week you will have a big loss! these are just little things i have picked up since i started. and last, have fun! make friends and encourage each other! we are happy to have you here and good luck :) *friend request sent*
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    sent a friend request :)
  • Bucsgirl29
    Options
    good luck! i lost half the weight I wanted to when I quit smoking 15 months ago... I have since gained by all and then some! But hey, were here and thats the 1st step! Good Luck, its a battle that is well worth the fight!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've sent a request!
  • davet165
    davet165 Posts: 13
    Options
    Request sent...welcome to MFP!

Everyone else can add me as well....the more the merrier!
  • nancymarie5
    Options
    thank you!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your decision to get healthy.

Recently a friend asked me how much weight had I lost. When I told her the number she said "gosh, that's alot. You must be so proud of that." I said "yes but what I'm most proud of is that no matter how many times I slipped up or went on a binge, I haven't given up this time." Recently, I had 2 weeks of terrible eating and gained 3.6 lbs. In the past I would have thought it's no use, I've messed up and I can't do this. But after the second terrible weigh-in I got right back on track and lost 4 lbs the next week. So remember, a slip up or a bad day doesn't have to be that downward spiral.

Good luck. I'm sending you a friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welcome, sending request now.
  • armygurl92
    Options
    Adding you.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi - sent you a friend request!