The highest compliment!

Options
To fully enjoy this success, a little back story is in order. My fiance and I have been together almost 2 years now, but we dated back in high school. When we met up again, I had a baby 2 months prior.

Before my pregnancy I was in a very bad relationship and I was very unhealthy. I weighed 100lbs soaking wet. During my pregnancy I got my head straight, and then some, and gained 60 pounds!! After I had the baby, I was still 150ish...which didn't sit well, to me, on my 5'4 frame. However, Ian (my fiance) still thought I was beautiful..and we became an item. I didn't look anything like I did in High School, and he's fit as a fiddle. Made for a few self-esteem issues but I know he loves me very much.

Here recently I've been really trying to get myself into shape. Trying to resemble the person I once was. After my daughter, my arms were quite flabby (in fact I probably could've taken flight at one point), my tummy has the evil "roo pouch", my chin somehow doubled itself, and my thighs had their own zip code.

For the past few months I have become the queen of Netflix workout videos..which really helped get me started. Then a wonderful friend turned me on to this awesome kickboxing video I can't get enough of. I've personally noticed my arm fat melting off, my legs are more tone, and my face resembles itself from pre-pregnancy. Really small changes that you'd have to really be looking at me to notice.

This morning I woke up to my fiance getting ready for work. He sat on the bed and talked to me for awhile and when I got out from under the covers he said, and I quote "Wow, babe. You DO look really good. Your arms have really thinned out. Wish I didn't have to go to work so soon."

!!!!!

Now THAT is motivation!! Sorry for gushing but HAD to share!! :-)

Replies

• tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yayyy for you!!!! That IS a wonderful compliment to your hard work!! Relish in it!! Good for you!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! What a great man to really know how to compliment you and keep you motivated!!! It's so hard for us mommies who don't look the same as we did before, my stomach was never flat, but now it looks like a deflated balloon!! But when our guys realize it and say the right thing, not only do we feel better but we tend to do things that make them feel better too, if you catch my drift!!! LOL!

Good for you.. I love this story!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    yay!!!! what a nice compliment! congrats!!!

and if u don't mind me asking, what is the kickboxing video u have been using??? :flowerforyou:
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    That is awesome !!! Especially when it comes out of no where. Congratulations on your getting back to your old self. What is the name of the workout video?
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It's the best to hear it from the ones we love!!! Especially when you truely belive what they are saying is true! ITs an amazing story! Keep up the awesome work
  • kjmosquito
    kjmosquito Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My trainer got me a teaser with kick boxing, I think I would love it. What video did you get?
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    awesome awesome awesome! wtg!:happy:
  • Jhjkt
    Jhjkt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What a sweet guy for noticing and taking the time to pay the compliment!!! That's awesome!! And kudos to you for putting in the hard work! :)
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    aww that is so sweet! and thanks for mentioning netflix in that, because i totally forgot to check if maybe netflix had streaming workout videos and they have a couple...now i have something to do on my off days from the gym!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know which kickboxing dvd too, please. :smile:
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Go girl!! Your hard work is paying off and it is showing. Kudos to the man for noticing your changes and progress!! You deserve it!
  • LovelyTasha
    Options
    I was a little hesitant to post which video it was because I know it's a gray area to post products on the boards..but the one I use (that I'm in no way promoting for personal gain) is the Beachbody Turbo Fire 55EZ. It's the best program I've tried, and is AWESOME for arms! It's like Kickboxing on crack!!!

I also love the 10 minute solutions series on Netflix. They have a Kickboxing Boot Camp that is really awesome is well. I've found kickboxing is great for me because it gets my heart rate up but it also tends to focus on problem areas while always working the core.

Thanks to everyone for the awesome feedback! :-)
  • Roukie
    Roukie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats you've done so well!
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    awwww, that's so cute :)
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    awww! so sweet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!