New to calorie counting and need help!

Options
hello,

i am used to WW points so calorie counting is a new thing for me, please could you tell me roughly what the daily breakdown should be as in how many for breakfast lunch dinner and snacks, just so i can give myself something to work on

thank you

Replies

• pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hiya :-)

When I last spoke to my gym instructor about weight loss etc, he suggested eating 5 x around 300cal meals..
    I must admit I dont totally stick with this, but it was a nice guage to start with..!

hope this is of some help!
    xx
  • Clipickett
    Clipickett Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't break calories down into allotments for each meal. I just put in my food and if my calories start adding up toward the middle of the day I make sure the do the excercise required to make up for it so that I can have a sensible dinner. I"m new here so my advice should be taken lightly!
  • pob75
    pob75 Posts: 14
    Options
    OMG 5 meals i can't see that happening especially with 2 children to feed as well.

but its something to look at thank you
  • exxxtasi
    exxxtasi Posts: 39
    Options
    Well, it will be differnt for everybody, but heres mine based on my 1450 calories im alloted;

Breakfast- 300cal.
    snack- 150cal
    lunch- 300cal
    snack-150cal
    dinner-500cal

That is on a no workout day, so on days i excersize, i raise my lucnh and dinner cals accordingly...should always eat your excersize calories burned.

hope this helps!
  • jasonroeser
    jasonroeser Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah you should spread it out as evenly as possible. I seem to always have bigger dinners, but its best to be as even as possible on B. L. D., keep snacks small. You don't want to go to bed all full. Breakfast is super important to kick start your metabolism so don't skimp on that, good luck!!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have three meals and two snacks. Your snacks can be something as simple as nuts, veggies, or fruit. It does help to eat more throughout the day instead of just 3 meals.
  • pob75
    pob75 Posts: 14
    Options
    aaaaaaah ok now that makes more sense 3 meals and 2 snacks = 5 meals, i just had visions of me eating 5 full meals a day i could never do it.

thanks you
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey

sorry - now iv read back what I wrote now wonder you though that with having kids to look after too!
    I have 3 meals and 2 (or 3 haha) snacks

:-)