The Flat Belly Solution

Options
Has anyone heard or tried this Diet? My husband and I have purchased all the books and are reading them now but we were wondering if anyone has had any success and could share their story with us. Its also called the The Flat Belly Solution not the flatbellydiet that is a different diet all together.

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Never tried it but would love to hear your review:)
  • fairyjester
    Options
    i usually just try and stay away from all the 'this solution diet' or 'that solution diet' and stay with the old standards.
  • missxlaur
    missxlaur Posts: 286
    Options
    i usually just try and stay away from all the 'this solution diet' or 'that solution diet' and stay with the old standards.

i absolutely agree with this. stay away from fads. just simple eating right (as laid out by MFP very nicely) and moderate exercise is the way to go.
  • lindastanley82
    lindastanley82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't know about that one but watched an interesting PBS special on TV the other night featuring Dr. Daniel Amen. He's come out with a new book - The Amen Solution: The Brain Healthy Way to Lose Weight & Keep it Off. He's a brain surgeon and researcher so not a fly-by-night quack. He also has a website you could check out - http://www.theamensolution.com.

I'm going to get the book and check it out.
  • Tricia82
    Tricia82 Posts: 75
    Options
    That's the thing about these books is that you are not restricting healthy foods as far as I have read so far. It is promoting to eat clean and healthy foods not processed and packaged foods. Mind you like I said before I am still reading up on it, So far though I think its all about natural healthy foods which is a goal for me personally to be a better eater and to achive altimate health. But each to there own and thanks for all your inputs muchly appreciated! :)
  • LactoVeggie
    LactoVeggie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Can't say much for the diet plans, but I've been eating vegetarian and organic my entire life and have been at a healthy weight 145lbs 5'10 since age 14.. My major problem is portion control, and I believe it is the same for many people. esp. with regard to tummy size.

After a month living in a small village in southern India, i had lost 10 stubborn lbs. The lowest I have ever been since age 14. We were fed 3 main meals per day and two snacks. Main meals were rice, flat bread, veggies and legumes. snack meals were papaya, mini bananas and baggi (deep fried veggies!)
    The first thing i noticed was the size of the meals. My first dinner left me hungry and frustrated, but after 2 days of eating 5 times per day, I felt constantly energetic. the meal sizes were about 8oz . I could fit a cooked meal inside a typical drinking glass. my stomach was concave (very flat).

Due to my current lifestyle, I end up eating 2 meals per day and one or both of them are fast food/ restaurant... (I've fallen off the wagon). Getting back on the Organic/whole food diet and lifestyle has also been significantly more expensive. I spend an extra hour in the super market looking at labels to ensure I'm getting the 'real deal'. Its worth it, and kudos to all who try to improve their health and lifestyle.

:flowerforyou: