a question about HCG

Options
I have been looking into this but cant see only 500 calories a day. Would it work at a higher calorie count, say like 800?

Replies

• Brady_
    Brady_ Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    omygoshhh i could not imagine eating 500 a day, thats really what they allow you?? wowza, i deff wouldnt be able to stick with it at that rate
  • dmshig
    dmshig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HCG doesn't sound safe to me. If it was a good way to lose weight, doctors would be prescribing it. And 500 calories is crazy!
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Check out this post from a while ago

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/84877-medical-weight-loss-clinic

This is what I wrote to her:

I think you should prob read this thread. I would advise against it. Yes its a lot of weight in a very short time and that is what we all want. However in all reality it is unrealistic, depravtion, cravings, unnatural, and wrost of all its setting you up for long term failure. You are not going to stay on medical weight loss your entire life, when you stop the program and resume regular eating, because you will, because you will want to treat yourself for doing so good, that you will instantly see the weight come back on. My mother in law did a medically weight loss clinic here in Ontario, and yeah she def lots the weight (she also was going to the gym at this time). In Jan 2009 before she started(she carries her weight all in her stomach) looked like she was 11 or 12 months pregnant, in the summer of 2009 she had a similar look as I do (i'm 5;9 and 155lbs). So I would hedge my guess that she lost prob 40-50 lbs. She stopped the weight loss clinic in sept and i have seen her gain back prob 20-25 of that back, and that is since sept.

This site I feel is so good because it is teaching you how to survive in the real world with tempation, cheats and healthy choices all in one. This is a good life skill to build. Learn what is good for you not so good and what is really bad for you, and you will be able to feel the changes in your body as you eat those foods and can then later decide if you want that old faithful cheat food or have something not as bad and feel ok after instead of terrible.

Anyways check out this thread I mentioned earilier:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/84605-omg-are-they-serious
  • swopoe
    swopoe Posts: 15
    Options
    500 calories a day or even 800 calories a day is not safe. The way the hCG diet works is that you starve yourself. Even if you ate 500 calories or 800 calories a day and didn't take any hCG, you would still lose weight.

MFP says to eat at a minimum 1200 calories a day. I am doing that and I have lost 10 pounds in 1 month. I would never take hCG. It is a waste of your money.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Your body needs a minimum of 1200 cals a day no matter what!!!!! The more you exercise the more it needs.. there is no quick fix to lose weight , its hard work and takes time!
  • WomanPower79
    Options
    Well I did HCG a month ago.. LOVED IT! i will advise this. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME IF YOU WILL NOT DO IT AS PROTOCOL SAYS... :) reason? you will lose slower..... and with that in mind do a more 'reasonable diet and lose just a 'fast' @ 800 calories as long as you are ok with 800 calories and still only losing about 3 lb. a week i say GO FOR IT!!!

And for those that think the 500 cal is crazy.. not really.. i would advise reading up on it.. but in a simple explanation.... you are actually 'consuming' 2500 cals a day. 500 from your food and the hcg releases 2000 of your stored fat.. thats how you lose the weight so fast. ;)
    WARNING: Please be sure before starting.... my friend started with me and gained 13 lbs.... she didnt follow the protocol.. we did 23 days.. i lost 17 lbs and have kept losing since... she is up 16 lbs....
    Good luck hope this clears up your question.. i'd hate for you to gain on this stuff. ;)
  • jetsetmaven
    jetsetmaven Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm on HCG now. I'm not strictly following the 500 calories. I actually set my calories goal to 750 and sometimes cheat up to 1000 calories. I've lost 12 lbs since starting it one month ago, 2/11. The first four days was pure hell - headaches, stomach growling, cravings. But now I feel fine. Some days I eat less than 500 cal and have to force myself to eat more. You stomach adjusts to smaller intake. It's mind over matter. It really teaches you about what foods you put in your body and how your body responds to it. For example, I had a slice of cheese pizza one day at work (it was ordered for the office) and I gained two pounds the next day. I haven't touched a slice of pizza since. I weigh myself every morning to see how I respond to different foods and what makes my weight stall or increase.

I too was skeptical, but had tried everything else that didn't work for me. So really didn't have anything lose giving this a try. This works for me. I'm using the homeopathic drops. Funny thing, I ran out of drops and had to wait a week to receive the reorder and still maintained my low calories. Got me thinking if I should order anymore drops (placebo effect). I workout twice a week (walk 3 miles or do 30mins elliptical). The HCG diet was featured on Good Morning America last week. I don't know if the weight will stay off, but I'll let you know in six months because my diet ends May 1.

I'm not an expert on this, but can answer any questions you have based on my experience so far.