Any Church of the Nazarene members out there?

Options
tamanella
tamanella Posts: 500 Member
Hi there! My name is Tami and I was wondering if there are any Nazarenes on MFP? Would love to hear from you!

Replies

• txsjhawk
    txsjhawk Posts: 25
    Options
    I am the daughter of a retired Nazarene pastor. My husband and I now attend a Baptist church where we live, but I will always be one at heart :))
  • tamanella
    Options
    How cool! My hubby is a Nazarene pastor! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :0)
  • sandradickie
    sandradickie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not Nazarene, but Pentecostal.
  • tamanella
    Options
    That's great! Love to see other believers here :0) Add me if you'd like, always looking for fellow believers :0)
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Not Nazarene, but Christian. Grew up Catholic, but converted to Christian after I got married. I wasn't all that impressed by the way the dioceese handle the priest sex scandal in Massachusetts, so I started going to The Salvation Army church here where I live.So refreshing! We had our daughter Dedicated last year (kinda like a baptism). My dad was not happy by any means, but I felt it was the right thing to do for my family. BTW, both my husband and I volunteer for the Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services. We go as 2nd responders to floods, fires, and generally ANY kind of disaster where 1st responders go. We provide food, drinks, and shelter if needed to the first responders and victims of the incident. I luv it!!
  • tamanella
    Options
    That is so awesome Meg!! We've dedicated all four of our children too! So cool to know all that! :0)
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome Meg!! We've dedicated all four of our children too! So cool to know all that! :0)

I wasn't sure if u guys did the Dedication thing too. Not too sure how th Nazarenes do things LOL I luv it tho! And the best part is watching Maridith get into the songs, clapping and trying to sing and after everyone says Amen and sits down, she then yells out AMEN! So the captains huve dubbed her "The Amen Girl" LOL
  • tamanella
    Options
    [/quote]

I wasn't sure if u guys did the Dedication thing too. Not too sure how th Nazarenes do things LOL I luv it tho! And the best part is watching Maridith get into the songs, clapping and trying to sing and after everyone says Amen and sits down, she then yells out AMEN! So the captains huve dubbed her "The Amen Girl" LOL
    [/quote]

Yep, we do the dedication thing for children and then baptism when you're older and understand what that means. That is so cute about your daughter!!! We have a few little ones that are fun to watch like that!!
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    ME!!! I go to Phx first church of the Nazarene! How awesome! There arent too many of us out there :)